Gang Green at Larks, Sun. Sept. 29, 1 pm et

Sun September 29
Saskatchewan at Montreal
1 pm et /10 am pt
TSN

More on the status of Kory Sheets -- he is apparently out for this game -- at http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=432758 .

Now that it's established that the Riders are...not going to have a road of manna to carry them to a home victory of the Grey Cup in November, it's time to see if they can rebound against the reeling Als.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Congratulations to Geroy Simon for setting the new pass reception record, eclipsing Ben Cahoon!

About 4:30 left in the first quarter and it is still scoreless.

Noel Thorpe and Richie Hall are really earning their paycheques this week. Great defence by both teams.

3-1 Riders after one quarter.

What a horrible football game.

4-3 Als after one half. Not exactly the most riveting spectacle to watch. :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed. I am flipping though the various NFL games to avoid watching this too much. LOL

Couldn't disagree more; I know I'm in a tiny minority, but I love watching good defences, and I'm seeing two today.

FINALLY! A big play off a screen to Messam...and he fumbles it over to the Riders in the end zone. Ugh.

The Als score on a big run and catch play from Neiswander to Carter. 11-4 Als with that offensive "surge." :wink:

Now in the fourth quarter, Durant hits Dressler with a TD pass. The game is now tied at 11.

The Als are back on top 14-11 after Whyte nails the line drive FG. There is 8:42 left in regulation.

Whyte hits the chip shot FG to make it 17-12 Als, 2:29 left.

Cox with the big INT in the end zone to preserve the Als' lead. It will end 17-12 Als...the fourth straight loss by the Riders.

Suddenly the upcoming home-and-home against Toronto is crucial if we want to hang on to second, let alone have a shot at first.

No chance, four straight loses now and counting for the Riders, five on the year in total and to think how well this team started the year.

Montreal is chewing away at Hamilton's lead in the CFL East, now just two points back and they have been playing with second and third string QB's for much of the year.

Hamilton has the CFL leading passer in Burris and 6-7 record, starting to sound like last year for the Cats all over again, oh well at least we matched our season high last year of 6 wins so far with five games remaining, maybe we can actually win one or two more games?