Gang Green at Larks Game Thread, Sept. 16, TSN, 1 pm et

Sun, 16 Sep 2012
Saskatchewan at Montreal
1:00 PM et / 10 PM pt

Here’s to the Als doing us a big favour… :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Als off to a quick 7-0 lead.

Riders K DeAngelis hits from 48 yards, it's 7-3 Als now.

Als continue to roll -- 14-3 after the McPherson keeper.

14-3 Als after the first quarter.

Whyte's FG attempt is partially blocked and rolls out the end zone. 15-3 Als now.

DeAngelis hits another FG from 46 yards -- the Als' lead is narrowed to 15-6.

22-6 Als after the Calvillo-to-Bratton pass and run TD. Bratton went head-over-heels into the end zone, so he's shaken up, leaving the field under his own power.

So far, so good re the weekend for a Cat fan... LOL

22-6 Als over Riders at the half.

Update: it is now 22-10 Als.

Sheets blasts his way into the end zone for Saskatchewan…it is 22-17 Als early in the fourth quarter.

Brandon Whitaker is down with an apparent right leg injury.

25-17 Als after a Sean Whyte FG, 6:42 left in the fourth quarter.

Keep the updates coming please. . . I'm at work and can't watch, and the website's game tracker is so far behind. . .

Ouizer...

Did you see that awful Roughing the Passer call early in the 4th quarter...

Willy picked for the 2nd time...Game over now...

Yes. It was pathetic.

It’s one the my biggest annoyances with the game these days at many levels…That was not Roughing the Passer…It was simply a football play that knocked a player down who was wearing pads…

Als 28 Riders 17 final. Great weekend for Cat fans. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a similar note, I was watching the Raven’s game today and Ed Reed got great pressure on Vick and was barreling down on him when Vick cocks back to throw, so Reed obviously puts his hands up to try and swat the pass and as his hand comes down it made contact with Vick’s helmet…and they called it roughing the passer, Vick didn’t even fall. Roughing the passer is the biggest joke in football now, I can’t explain to you how much it angers me.

On a similar note, I was watching the Raven’s game today and Ed Reed got great pressure on Vick and was barreling down on him when Vick cocks back to throw, so Reed obviously puts his hands up to try and swat the pass and as his hand comes down it made contact with Vick’s helmet…and they called it roughing the passer, Vick didn’t even fall. Roughing the passer is the biggest joke in football now, I can’t explain to you how much it angers me.
[/quote]
This is my point exactly…I understand a cheap shot and deliberately trying to injure someone…Folks will remember Ed Phillion,who was noted for going after someone’s knees…But many of these RtP penalties are not malicious,have no intent to injure,and,are simply football plays that against any other player on the field,nothing would happen.It is more,unfortunately,about protecting “meal tickets” and league mandated over zealous officiating than anything else…