Gameday 'Riders / Esks.......

This will prove to be a very interesting game.

Childress is back on the Sask O line and Benefield is back at DE.

The Esks are struggling offensively big time with just one TD in the last six quarters of play.

The stage is set for an upset in the making.

An Eskimo loss makes second place in the west very interesting.

Also with Montreal's loss last night, the possibility of the cross over is looking more and more realistic.

Riders getting more healthy.......Esks will turn it around and beat Saskatchewan. I just want to see the Riders lose....If this can happen, this would be my best week this whole season

Did turkeybend guarantee us the win yet? Nothing to worry about if he did.

Everything on paper points to a Riders win as far as defense and special teams goes. It just depends on which Rider team shows up and will they play 60 minutes? I'm more concerned with the defense more than anything because shutting down Edmonton's offense will be key. I don't want this to turn out the like the BC or TO games. We have the best pass defense but its time to match our stats on on the field. It doesn't matter if we hold them to nothing for 57 minutes, we have to hold them for 60 minutes. If the defense keeps winning us some games like they did last week vs Winnipeg we'll be fine. And I'm confidenet in our running game against Edmonton. I'm looking for some real good kick returns by Holmes and at least a touchdown from Keith if we want to win.

Some other factors are
-We are at home.
-We want to prove we can beat other western teams besides Winnipeg.
-We have to win to stay pace with Calgary at 6-6 and above Ottawa who are 5-7.
-Our schedule only gets tougher from here on.
-The Eskimos never play well in Taylor Field.

The Riders know this is a must win for all of the above reasons and all I can say is win or lose should be a good game. Edmonton/Sask games are always my favorites no matter what the circumstances are going in or where it is played.