Game Thread - Riders vs Lions

With Calgary's oline problems and Reilly, Durant out for the season. Those Lions could be the team in the West.

Saskatchewan might need to enact some sort of gun control legislation to keep the Riders from shooting themselves in the foot so often. Hold to wipe out a first down, completely unnecessary 15 yard no yards penalty 2 plays later on the punt.

They really need to learn to wrap up Andrew Harris. He's not the fastest guy but he's slippery you can't go for the big hit on him.

Its amazing how fast their defense has fallen since last season

And then a big stop on 3rd down … and a 15yd penalty. :frowning:

At least it was after the whistle. :smiley:

BC defence has really shown up.

Glen seems to have a lot of time but just cannot find any open receivers.

Oh well, at least Paul still has it.

We are on the board. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn't think McCallum had the leg left in him for a 50 yarder.

McCallum dials long distance on that one, but I still think the Lions made the right move going with Leone

Neither did Wally Buono.

I thought it was gonna stop inches from the goal line. That would’ve been hilarious.

So Jackson has his career ended by the BC Lions kicker(looks like an achiles injury to me) just a quarter and a bit after ending the career of a BC Lion with a legal, but very dirty hit to the knee(ACL MCL)
Karma is a bitch sometimes.

We aren’t medical professionals, we have no idea if either is career ending. Go troll somewhere else.

no first downs for BC in 2nd quarter.

There is a Rider D after all.

AND Dressler making it happen.

Lady Luck is wearing a Lions jersey tonight, both a fumble and interception were just unlucky bounces.

Chappy is starting to look like Walter Matthau.

Two and a half games, 78 total points. Offences stayed home this weekend.

That was a pretty weak horse collar penalty. Harris scores on next play.

Well, Harris makes me a liar. :lol: With all these key injuries, the Riders are toast.

Penalties... cut them out Riders they're wiping lots of positive plays off the board.

The Vancouver Province stated that the BC Lion who Jackson injured is finished… Jackson is a marginal defensive back and an old kick returner… He had a couple years left in the tank, but an achilles injury is game over once you are 30 and not a QB.
Rob Bagg’s career sounds over too… Why won’t they disclose the injury? probably because it is his knee and his career is over.Football is a brutal brutal sport… Guys like Geroy and Stegall were so so lucky.