Game Thread: Riders/Bombers

Let's talk football. It beats attendance/TV ratings rumors.

Tons of points being put on the board for the first Labour Day game at New Mosaic. Looks like the Riders are gonna break 50 for the second straight game.

Down 18 at the half, the Bombers aren't completely out of it. They need to find a way to slow down the Riders offence. Also need to score some TD's, can't be settling for Medlock field goals.

It's never a good sign when you go into the locker room down by more points than you have.

If the Bomber Centre can anchor the Line, then their Pivot can move the Offence down the field and put a couple of Majors on the Board.

The Rider defence might have something to say about it though. They are zipping around like a bunch of skeeters out there.

Gotta love those Labour Day games, eh?

Bombers getting skewered in the sewer!

The Riders put it away with a Rouge, under a minute left.

Winnipeg will win the Banjo Bowl in Manitoba next week.

Take it to the bank!

It will be interesting

Kevin Glenn's definition of bliss: getting the heck out of the toxic Hamilton environment into a super blissful positive situation in Regina. What a contrast, Bob Young, in your dreams would you be able to own what the Riders have. Unreal. Hey man, good ya, you bought into one of the most weird environments in Hamilton anyone could imagine.

Regina vs Hamilton. Like night and day. Glenn is thanking the gods big time, died and went to heaven. Hey, it can happen. 8)

Hamilton will get with the program, one day, well one day, whenever.

As an outsider looking in....

Kevin Glenn will NEVER win a Grey Cup, but that Sask defence is looking AWESOME.

Paul Lapolice is the reason Andrew Harris is doing so well, and the Bombers are a solid team.

Matt Nichols has LESS of a chance of winning a Grey Cup than Glenn does, so EXCEPT for the halfassed QB's these teams both have so much UPSIDE.

I think either one of these squads have as much a chance of making it to Grey Cup, as do the Stamps, or Eskimos.

BUT because of the QB flaw, neither would win the big game.

But I think many of us want to see Kevin Glenn win a Grey Cup as a starting qb. I sure do, love the man. A Mr. CFL all the way!

I don’t disagree…

But honestly he is a “Tom Burgess” type talent, who has just hung around the league for a long long time.

Kevin has made wayyyy more money from his Tim Hortons franchises in Michigan than his CFL QB career.

He is a great guy, but only an above average QB who was blessed with a long injury free career.

Little Kev and his mini-cannon arm were able to overwhelm a band of puffed up and over-inflated egos comprising Bombers 2017. Bombers defense coached by one of the biggest frauds in CFL coaching - Rich Hall - and some of their players are absolutely atrocious (ie. Sam Hurl, Roc Carmichael, Knox, Westermonk, almost all other d-linemen who couldn’t produce a squeaky rush vs. a patchwork quilt rider o-line.

That said, current rider squad feature some amazing talent at receiver position, Tiny Glenn tossing good balls and a well above average secondary.

Right now I’d rate the CFL teams as follows:

1. Calgary (of that there is no question)
  2. Regina (some will say beat Winnipeg again and they’ll be #2. They will.)
  3. Edmonton (losing steam due to injuries - they’ll start getting their regulars back next weekend, could challenge Regina or Calgary when fully patched)
    4, 5, 6.BC & Ottawa, Winnipeg, (tie)
    7, 8, 9. Rest of the trash

Win or lose a Grey Cup - I certainly would love him to win one although I have high disdain for Saskatchewan - the league should keep Glenn around.

He’s probably developed a system in Michigan for managing his Tim Horton outlets - needs the off-season to supervise his operation.

He’d be a great add to the CFL panel - which is starting to get a bit stale with only Mattster & Uncle Milty adding anything of value; Big Chris Schultz either in seriously bad mental shape or ready to hang it up and Jockstrap adding nothing of value - trying too hard to be the Mr. Serious at a clown’s convention.

Glenn would be a marvellous addition to the panel. He’s really expanded his vocabulary since starting out as a bright-eyed and bushy tailed rookie 3rd stringer in Saskatchewan. My how the world turns. Full circle I believe is the term.

But Glenn is goofy and glib enough to be a quality panelist, especially replacing Schultz.

If not panel - I wouldn’t mind seeing him as a QB coach, eventually growing into OC or head coaching. He could be a solid head coach by the time he’s 44/45 to be sure!

Right now I'd rate the CFL teams as follows:
  1. Calgary (of that there is no question)
  2. Regina (some will say beat Winnipeg again and they’ll be #2. They will.)
  3. Edmonton (losing steam due to injuries - they’ll start getting their regulars back next weekend, could challenge Regina or Calgary when fully patched)
    4, 5, 6.BC & Ottawa, Winnipeg, (tie)
    7, 8, 9. Rest of the trash

As much as I’d love to disagree with you Lyle, I would say you are pretty well dead on, albeit I’ll still take the Eskimos over the Green team myself, but lots of ball still to be played. We will see. Ottawa is the huge dark horse I’d say to win Lord Grey’s mug.

Sask was full measure for the win.
Early on we were speculating on what drug they were on and where could we get some, those boys were waaaay past smelling salts.
The phoney injuries to slow down the Bomber hurry-up was sad, combined with no appearance of the soccer magic spray I felt cheated.
Seriously, Sask D going down with "panic cramps" was an insult to the game, Corky didn't need to stoop that low, he was killing it. Commish needs to make it a five play rest, or just an unsportsmanlike conduct call. Anyway, thats all the sour grapes I got, well done you ...............

Next wknd is coming up Wumper.

What do you mean?

Check the schedule my friend.

Making for an interesting west race that's for sure !