Game Day Thread: Labour Day vs Argos

Newman with the start... Berard with his Ticat debut

2 Likes

and one of only two lineup changes from last week . Beard in but not starting in place of the departed Gibbon .

1 Like

here is argos line up

Wow , dressing 10 receivers .

Actually it's three line-up changes from last week. Laurent is back in the line-up after being a last minute scratch and replaced by Mulumba in Toronto.

1 Like

I hope they let Newman throw downfield sometimes and not just the pointless Condell trick plays that fool as many people as the yards they gain.

(That would be zero)

Find out what the kid can do. Do we have a keeper here?

6 Likes

Dane Evans going into Labour Day at 3rd in the Cats' QB depth behind Morton - a huge vote of non-confidence in him. And I don't need to hear that Evan's shoulder is worse than Newman's neck, because nobody outside of the team knows the extend and seriousness of these injuries (or hardly any player's injury on this team, for that matter). Evans and Newman were both listed as 'FULL' participants in this week's practices (except for Evans being 'LIMITED' in the 1st practice of the week).

2 Likes

No pressure Newman
It's only Labour Day in the Hammer!
Just do it!

4 Likes

I see that Tre Crawford DE is still on the practice roster along with 8 starters on the injury list .

1 Like

Thanks Pope .

That's right . I remembered seeing Mulumba dressed on the sidelines and Teddy later on in civvies .

It only took until the third quarter for TSN to advise us of this.

3 Likes

That Argo secondary is pretty solid. The one guy they exploited in the previous game in Hamilton was #8 Amos. Look for them to test this guy again.
Newman is a complete question mark at this point. Lots of potential there but we have no idea how he performs with the pressure on. Agree with one of the previous posters - seems like the coaching staff has little confidence in Evans, considering he practiced fully the previous two days. Hope this works out for us but I wouldn’t be surprised to see all three qbs in the game at some point.

1 Like

during the actual game? and not the the nightcap. They've turned it up to eleven.

1 Like

It's time for Newman to show what he's got. If he wants to make it in the CFL.

https://fb.watch/fkKJs_3SB7/

2 Likes

Respectfully, I believe you probably do need to hear or absorb more about Dane's health before you reach any conclusions about the team's level of confidence in him.

Quick reminder: he missed two games due to injury, and in his first game back he spent much of the time in between plays grasping at an obviously-injured chest or shoulder. It is quite clear that he is not 100%. (Also Steinauer said so in today's press conference.)

4 Likes

Yeah but if Coach O said it, doesn't that make it fake news ? Not asking for a friend . :laughing:

2 Likes

Injured list notes:
Anthony Johnson is out for a 7th game, on the 6-game list, and Bailey Feltmate, after 3 games out on the 1-game list, is now on the 6-game. Missing the Labour Day game, completes 6 games out on the 6-game list for both Chris Van Zeyl and Nic Cross.

3 Likes

Thanks Iceman . :laughing: That is a clever bit from Revenberg and Wynn . Go Cats :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I think it is a hilarious and well acted, but there were a few politically correct types on twitter who got their noses out of joint. They need to chill...

2 Likes