GAME 6 - TiCats @ Lions

This is the time of year for my annual post on how HAM never gets anything other than 10:00pm ET start times in BC. I calculate once in the past 10 years that we started there earlier (7:00pm ET).

Most years there are other games where an Eastern team plays there at an earlier time, but not this season. Almost all of BC’s games are 10:00pm or even later. The one 7:00pm ET game in BC went to, who else, WPG.

3 Likes

Every single road game BC plays is out of their time zone.
You won’t get any sympathy from them.

1 Like

Alden Darby getting ready

Alden Darby on Twitter: "Late night work. West coast game. Gotta be up https://t.co/Iy6MYI3A1R" / Twitter

2 Likes

Among starters, yes.
Elsewhere, 2 more players (Federico & Morton) dress for their first CFL game, and 2 more (Mulumba & D. Lawrence) will play their first game this season.

1 Like

Here is the better depth Chart (for bobo, he will be at the game tonight)
( hint, click a 2nd time on the pic to make it real big)

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks Grover .

For the game tonight just look for us …we’ll be the ones cheering for the Cats . :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: . We shouldn’t be hard to miss .

6 Likes

Will miss Simoni, and interested to see what Butler can bring to the mix.

If Dane is on we have a chance. Hope we come out aggressive.

3 Likes

It's weird that BC has already had two of their three bye weeks - just like TOR. They have only played 4 games, while several teams have played 6. Unless they finish first, they will not get another week off after Labour Day.

2 Likes

Can someone help with a missing link.

I PVRd the game but missed the Anthony Johnson reception/fumble early.
Was it a long gainer, endzone, good strip, bad fumble?

11 2 11 H43 Pass (11:06) D. EVANS Completed Pass to A. JOHNSON, caught at O26 (51 yds, 10 YAC), A. JOHNSON Fumble forced by H. BAILEY, Lost, Recovered by R. EVANS at O16 (3 yds), Tackle: T. WHITE

That's the description of that play, from the league's written play-by-play of the game.
To see the play, go to the 0:58 mark of the game highlight video, included in this link:

5 Likes

Thank you Ottawacat...I did not know this existed. Sortofa game in 10 minutes view.

And great throw by Evans on that play.

1 Like

Uncle Milty with a Gameday Read!

1 Like

They’ve already taken on or two players off the 6 game list early and they are limited as to how often they can do that within the season - or half a season.

Or maybe he tweaked something in practice. I got the impression he’d be starting this week but it appears not.

There’s always a chance but I’d say the odds are in BC’s favour given that the Ticats are on a short week (which should never happen when they have to travel to the west coast IMO - and that’s any eastern team) and BC is coming off the bye as has already been mentioned.
I’m going to hope for a win but given that the Ticats have yet to play a full 4 quarters in any game and BC usually looks good from start to finish, I’m sure not holding my breath or picking the Ticats to win. I’d be MOST HAPPY to be wrong - of course!

2 Likes

I expect to see you in the TSN highlights tomorrow. :beers:

On a side note, who’s brilliant idea was it to have a CFL double header tonight??? :man_facepalming:

I thought “Friday Night Football” was a thing?

1 Like

True but they aren’t playing when their bodies think it’s bedtime or later, they’re playing at an earlier time in the day. Still out of routine but easier on the body.

A few months ago we were considering flying out to Vancouver this summer for a visit and were planning it to coincide with this game, but we changed our minds when fuel prices started rocketing up and there semed to be plenty of problems with air travel.

It’s really weird they way they’ve placed some of the bye weeks this year. Having the extra bye - aside from the irregularities of scheduling 9 teams - is supposed to be for player safety so one would think they’d try to space them out a bit better for each team so that they aren’t playing long stretches without a break. Two weeks ago when they had only 3 games and three teams off, Ottawa was the only eastern team playing. Why wouldn’t they have had at least one western team off that week too? Sometimes the scheduling just makes no sense.

3 Likes

It’s a slow week in the sports world with the baseball break for the All Star game. Not great for those who have to get up to work tomorrow - not a problem for the old retired folks like me!

3 Likes

took my first day off of the summer tomorrow.

going to enjoy the game tonight out in the backyard.

1 Like