Game 3: Riders at Als 06/23/22

LOL. Harris the pylon who gave us 16 whole points in a loss, and whose turnover and failed two-point convert were part of the reason we actually lost, is now the starter. Good luck with that. You can smell the desperation.

What happens if we lose? Do we go back to Adams? What happens if Harris shows poorly in this offense? Do we start Dominique Davis?

When, not if, Harris fails to produce, it will at least become clear that nobody is going to look good in this child's version of an offense.

2 Likes

As per CFL transactions:

N LB Frederic Chagnon From practice to active roster.
A RB Tavier Feaster From suspended to practice roster.
A WR/KR Warren Newman From active to practice roster.
A DB Herb Waters Released after training camp. Added to practice roster.
A RB Shane Simpson Released from practice roster.

Richard

Should have been one, but no injury report listed by the league for Sunday.

While the Als have a full week of practice, the Riders will not since they played on Saturday.

Along with the quarterback, the Als will make a change at left tackle with Nick Callender starting instead of Chris Schleuger.

Good thing, Schleuger have difficult start

1 Like

I don't see how Callender can do worse than Schleuger in the first two games, so we should see some improvement in blindside protection at least.

I still want to know what's up with Schleuger. I've never seen him play as poorly as he has in these first two weeks. Hopefully he gets himself sorted out.

2 Likes

If Chris Ackie is unable to play, I would think the team goes to Brian Harelimana as his replacement as from what I can tell, Tyrell Richards as yet to take a snap on defense.

My guess is Philippe Gagnon will be well enough to suit up on Thursday.

Riders will be without team leader C Dan Clark who broke his fibula in the Elks game.

Craig Dickenson said his Rider team will be playing a "desperate" Montreal team. (Would the Als consider this an insult?)

Dickenson also said that their Monday practice consisted of only film study. That means the Riders will have just 1 day of on-field preparation for the Thursday Alouette game.

He hopes Dan Clark can return sometime this season.

While he did not want to commit on who will replace Clark, Dickenson did mention that he will activate Jamal Campbell off the 1-game Injured List and put him at guard and possibly shift Logan Ferland from guard to center.

With Vernon Adams out because of covid, Davis Alexander will be the #3 quarterback.

Chris Ackie and Philippe Gagnon were absent, so I would assume they are out as well.

Also, Khari Jones considered resting Jake Wieneke and replacing him with Dante Absher as Wieneke may not have fully recovered from his training camp injury.

Alouettes are +4.5 point underdogs. I will be quite surprised to not see them cover that spread and expect them to outright win the game.

Really?

2 Likes

If the players want Khari to keep his job, they'd better play at their highest level. Home opener, the team is 0-2. By the same token, Khari had better call a decent game on offense. If we drop this one, it could be it for KJ.

1 Like

League Injury Report lists the Game Status for the following:

Philippe Gagnon QUESTIONABLE
Kevin Kaya OUT
Jake Wieneke OUT
Chris Ackie OUT
Geno Lewis QUESTIONABLE
Nick Usher QUESTIONABLE
Clayton Bradley OUT

Philippe Gagnon QUESTIONABLE
Kevin Kaya OUT
Jake Wieneke OUT
Chris Ackie OUT
Geno Lewis QUESTIONABLE
Nick Usher QUESTIONABLE
Clayton Bradley OUT
Guy with Holy Hand Grenade RIGHT OUT

Only week 3 and so many key players injured or banged up. :frowning:

I'll say one thing about Trevor Harris. He's a great interview.

They still testing for covid?:flushed::flushed::flushed:

Makes me wonder about their conditioning in the off season.

1 Like

Only player that I had questions regarding their off-season conditioning was Greg Reid, but that is pure speculation.

Riders announced today that Logan Bandy will start at center for the injured Dan Clark.

Farhan Lalji says Khari Jones was not pressured by anyone into pulling Vernon Adams. Instead, Jones felt that Harris' performance in practice translates more to how he plays during games. Change is permanent for now though the team might begin to use Adams to run certain packages when he recovers for covid.

Press Conference 06/21/22
WARNING: Look away at the 2:49 mark if you do not wish to seem Herb Zurkowsky walking by seemingly dressed in his pajamas.

2 Likes