Game 15: Redblacks at Als 10/10/22

Speaking of backup quarterbacks, the Als will have to decide a week from now whether or not to retain Felix Harper on the Practice Roster for the rest of the year. Do they keep him around because with the presence of alternative leagues, there is now a shortage of quarterbacks? Or, will they release him because as Danny Maciocia noted, he is only about 5'8" or 5'9"?

You are busy putting up strawmen a few weeks early for Halloween. I don’t hate Harris at all. That’s all I’ll bother to say since you are not interested in having a good-faith discussion.

Trying to get our backup QBs involved this late in the season is a terrible game plan, our best bet is to keep doing what we’ve been doing, because it’s working. It’s make no sense to completely change our game plan to suite your imaginary needs of what you think we need. I’m just glad you aren’t making decisions.

You definitely hate Trevor Harris, you should just admit it, every week you have something negative to say about him. You repeat the same things every week, whether it’s calling our organization’s treatment of Vernon Adams racist or saying that Trevor Harris didn’t play well (when he did), it’s what you do.

3 Likes

At this time of year teams will sign players to “future contracts” for 2023. Of course the player has to want to return.

Why do we have only 1 week to decide the futur of Harper ?

The expanded practice roster has to be reduced after 30 days. But I guess if they feel strongly enough about Harper they can still keep him on it.

1 Like

Regardless of what people here say, I don't think Dominique Davis is an awful QB. He has started and won games in this league. Does that mean I think he should be the starter, or that I think he has a future as a starter in this league? No and no. But it is absolutely not unreasonable to think he could be successful in limited usage with a package of plays designed around his strengths. Using Davis in this limited way -- I'm saying "limited" twice because it feels like some people are having trouble understanding that a middle ground exists between "DAVIS SUCKS" and "DAVIS IS THE BEST" -- could actually help Harris be more productive, by giving enemy defenses a change of pace and busting some of their tendencies.

Given that our offense has not been especially productive the past few games, what's to be lost by trying? Are we all so attached to our offense firing blanks for a quarter or half, which happens with clockwork regularity week after week, that we can't even imagine putting in Davis (or Alexander) for a few plays in specific situations? Do we love winning every game by the skin of our teeth with the offense squandering opportunities to score? If we ever want to be like one of the model CFL franchises (Winnipeg and Calgary), we have to be looking for ways to improve at all times, even when we're winning games. And there is plenty of room for our offense to improve.

So to sum up … Dominique Davis is HoF material and Trevor Harris couldn’t start for most CEGEP teams?

KIDDING

I totally agree … and if they would rather do the same thing with Davis Alexander I would be fine with that too … and I believe you have said the same … as I have said in the past, perhaps even “sneak” one of them into the game as a RB/SB/WR and run a play for them to pass … BUT not the first couple of times they come in … they would then be a natural diversion as the opponent would likely assume it will be a “trick” play just based upon their presence.

1 Like

We need a score TD after turnover like this

We need to extend Eugene Lewis and Tyrice Beverette for at least another two years, they've earned their pay.

2 Likes

This team is what it is. We're dominating time of possession, but up by only eight points.

Harris is having a great game. Calvillo's red-zone playcalling is awful. He's doing the best he can, given that he was thrust into this role unexpectedly and he's working with KJ's playbook. But we can't be this ineffective in the red zone if we want to be more than just a team that's happy to make the playoffs and maybe host a playoff game.

1 Like

Tough injuries in the first half, glad we have depth at Wr and OL. Hopefully Reggie's White injury isn't too serious. Jamieson may be done for the year though.

1 Like

I was hoping for two straight QBs sneaks on the 3 yard line, no fan of that play calling either.

1 Like

Beverette is getting better and better each game

1 Like

Do injured Canadian Starters have to be replaced with Canadians in game? And if so, what if you don't have any Canadians left to start in game.

That was a far different Bomber team and a far different Rider team

That would require more than a dozen injuries to Canadian players … in the event of such an “injury tsunami” players might have to get creative about what positions they play but play-on they would.

On the last RB firld goal it looked like the Als didn't even have anyone in the endzone ... if the situation repeats itself, the RBs could be tempted to line up a player onside behind the kicker and have then chase down the equivalent to an onside kick.

TH lack of prodn is concerning.

my god, this second half is not only terrible but taking forever just to get out of the third quarter