Gable on hanging up the cleats: 'I've had a great career'

HAMILTON — He hadn’t donned the black and gold in a few years but once C.J. Gable decided to announce his retirement this week, he knew he wanted to end his career as a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/04/02/gable-hanging-cleats-ive-great-career/

First class guy, Great talent, going to miss watching him, All the best Mr. Gable from the Nations Capital and the REDBLACKS Nation.

1 Like

Apparently time marches forward and indicates it may be time to embrace new directions. It feels like the CFL is saying goodbye to many great players this year of whom Mr. Gable is one of them. I enjoyed his feats on the field. Wishing you much success in your future endeavours CJ!

Still recall his patented leaps over would be tacklers. Always loved the way he ran hard every game, every play.

Best wishes in your retirement and much success in the next phase of your life, CJ!!

1 Like

As an Argo fan, I won't miss you. As a football fan, I will! You always gave it everything you had. I salute you, C.J. And I wish you nothing but the best in the next phase of your life. You truly deserve it!

3 Likes