Future scheduling

The Grey Cup should be played either on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day in conjunction with the Vanier Cup and CJFL championship games. That means BC Place for three games in a row with the Grey Cup being last.

12noon: CJFL

3:30PM: Vanier Cup

7PM: Grey Cup

The players would have a month off.

I could be happy with this too:

The top two teams in each division play each other in a best-of-three series divisional championship.

For this year, it would have been...
Hamilton vs. Toronto
Saskatchewan vs. Winnipeg

That's how you get more playoff action (longer season) with an ever so rare situation with teams having .500 or losing records in the playoffs. That also preserves the east vs. west Grey Cup tradition.

Though the second idea of best of three is good it is only in theory, for this is football and injuries are inevitable for even one playoff game never mind more.

As for the other idea, nope, the Grey Cup should keep its own day and that is not what is broken nor have I heard anybody complain that the game is on its own day rather than on the date of the game.

A friend of mine has a harsher take on the first idea of all those games all in one day and the day of the Grey Cup, and I tried to calm him down, but to no avail and as he is pushing almost 800 pounds, he insists on stating his opinion about it: