Funny fan signs

I’m probably not the right guy to do this thread, as I’m too outdated to post pics or links. But I saw a gem of a sign a young hockey fan was holding up that read;

“The guy behind me can’t see”
Any other gems you remember from tv or the web or in stadium?

4 Likes

I remember some fat slob sitting beside a hottie in the 80's with a sign that read, "I'm with her."

3 Likes

I remember a good one.......another hockey game.
“ Hey ref! Are you pregnant? ‘Cause you missed the first two periods!”

6 Likes

6 Likes

This one is a personal favourite of mine. RIP Rob Ford…

5 Likes

Perhaps not a true sign but one of my favourites.

6 Likes

Is Tiger Woods having a chuckle there?

Not sure if I would find that amusing.

Yes he is. I’ll give him credit for that.

1 Like

Well he's a better man than I gave him credit for.

Good on him.

It surprised me as well.

My all time sign guy and sentimental favourite was the Philly Flyers sign guy .

4 Likes

1993 or 1994 West Final, Edmonton at Calgary, -15 degrees. Guy holds up a sign that reads "B-R-R-R-R-R!"

I have a copy saved somewhere of another sign at Taylor Field that reads "Chuck Norris checks under his bed for John Chick".

2 Likes

I thought there would be more signs posted but I’ll try to keep this going with a few more I found the other day from US College ball:

5 Likes

I disagree! I think you are the right guy for this thread even though you have sometimes those corny jokes, which I have told you that sometimes I like too! Thank you sir and good to see you back around again!

2 Likes

This is one I have re-used myself over the years.

It was the pre-game show in 2005 or 2006 before a game at Ohio State I do believe with Penn State in town. Joe Paterno, the legendary coach of Penn State, was still alive and this was before the scandal that unfolded years later.

For those younger, this is also a time before mainstream social media (back then a young Youtube and MySpace mostly beyond the chat rooms) and many years before the term trolling was even in common and mass use.

Sign by Ohio State fan:

"Paper or plastic Joe? Depends!"

2 Likes

True story, 1993 Grey Cup Calgary. Myself and a few buds were booked in the hotel directly across from McMahon stadium. Our room was above the hotel entrance, which had a canopy so patrons don't get rained on while unloading their bags. This canopy was very sturdy. We removed our room furniture and placed it on top of the canopy. We sat out there (drinking) and watched a parade of people, teams, press.....etc going too and from the event tent set beside McMahon stadium. My friend bought a can of black spray paint, then painted on a bed sheet.....a message to his wife

HI HONEY..
HAVING FUN..
SEND MONEY!!

It made the CTV news, people back home seen and recognize us...... Nobody sent money.

7 Likes

Thanx! There’s no internet where I’m currently staying, so I get on when I can.

1 Like

This was such a great story!

Now the part maybe not only I would like to hear is what that wife or what other wives had to say about all that fun? Or, uh, maybe not?

And then was there damage to the furniture? And well, who had to pay that?

2 Likes

My favorite sign of all time is this one (it's only football related if you have to use transportation to get to The Big Game during a flash flood):

5 Likes

Good one!

1 Like