It's now time to vent my frustrations at the CFL. I've been a fan for a long time and have seen the subtle changes over time. However, through the hard times there was always a sense of excitement and leadership for the coming season. At this time, I feel neither. Yes, we're in unprecedented times, with the Pandemic (COVID-19) , player (one year deal) signings & all the organizations saying the right things giving CFL starved fans hope, but IMO its all window dressing. The real fans know of the many unresolved problems which have never addressed.
- What does the CFL want to be
- The disparity between the community & private owned teams
- Revenue sharing
- How to create interest in Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver
- Expansion (done correctly)
- PROMOTE CANADA FIRST
- Where's the business plan the commissioner stated has to be a priority ?
- Diversity initiative which all the teams bought into & still have no black officials
Sadly I see this league slowly slipping away no matter how much effort is put into the existing narrative(s). The CFL needs a charismatic leader with marketing skills that understands the Canadian demographic regions. I'm hoping for a 2021 season beyond that I don't know.