Fridays Spec Article

I read the article in the Spec on Friday the day after the game and for the last 4-5 years that is the exact same story almost after every game. Turnovers, penalties, mental mistakes. I swear all the beat writers have to do is change the date of the games and our oppenents name and leave the rest the same. At 1 win going into August I am once again dissapointed. I have been going to games since 1972 , played Highschool and Universtiy football in town, and it would be nice to have some meaningful games in the fall. Don't think I have ever been more dissapointed. In an eight team league you would think our time would come a little more often. Man this sucks to be completely disinterested on August 2nd.

8) I know the feeling you are going through oh so well !!
Glad you pointed out that this same senerio has been going on for the last 5 years at least.  The previous coaches we have had in that duration of futility were not able to stop the epidemic of penalties, turnovers and mental mistakes !!!

Those coaches, Greg Marshall, Ron Lancaster and so far Charlie Taaffe have all gone through the same nonsence here !!  They all complained about the same things, just like a broken record !!!

Ron Lancaster in his first year here, brought this team from last place to first place, so it can happen that fast!!

So what is the answer to getting us back on top again now ?????                      <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I believe the problem lies with Charlie Taaffe and his so called player council. Just proves who is in charge " the no talent players." Shut up with this crap and instill some pride and most importantly discipline. This is not grade nine high school football.

But look at who Ron brought with him.... Not the same at all!!!

Plus, Sudusy had built a stellar defence and a pretty good offence that only needed a few touch ups. Remember, they were a great team with Dunnigan and once he was gone...

OLine needed to be fixed back then.... bring in a QB that throws the ball in 1.5 seconds,... Oline problem fixed.

I am pretty sure Carl Coulter arrived via FA the same time as RL, Danny Mac and Darren Flutie. Also I think RL picked up some other team's TC cast-offs (Burns) or practice roster and rebuilt the OL just before the season started.

I am pretty sure Carl Coulter arrived via FA the same time as RL, Danny Mac and Darren Flutie. Also I think RL picked up some other team's TC cast-offs (Burns) or practice roster and rebuilt the OL just before the season started.

Players to get role in team discipline

By Ryan Finley Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona Published: 03.11.2008

click here

It's a new world today, armchair.

The New York Giants' Tom Coughlin started the trend

of using leadership councils to delegate responsibility
to the players to police themselves.

It allowed messages to flow from the locker room
to his office in a non-threatening manner, and vice-versa.

No more trips to the principal's office.

And no more talking out of class.

Even as the Giants went 0-2, there was no finger-pointing,

no Coughlin railing behind the locker room door as he did
after a miserable loss to Jacksonville last season.

Things had changed.

"We got a different attitude, a different mentality,"
linebacker Antonio Pierce said.

"I think since March of '07, when we came back here
for training and mini-camps, you could just sense it.

Normally, there were little sections where guys talked.

Now, the locker room's open.

Guys are yelling across from one side to the other.

There's no little bubble, no isolation anymore. Guys are open."

Pierce said Coughlin encouraged that.

P.S.

The discipline he is known for carried over, too.

As the team grew looser, it grew smarter, too.

Get this.

The reduction of penalties he promised
when he took over in 2004 finally occurred.

After recording 118 penalties in 2004,
143 in '05, and 101 last year,

the Giants were flagged only 77 times this year

— the sixth-lowest total in the league.

And this.

As the playoffs began, Coughlin gathered his leadership committee
and told them to remind the others to have fun

in the playoffs.

Totally out of character, but it worked.

leadership councils to delegate responsibility is somthing Charlie is trying here.

Seth Dittman and Dave Hack.

I know at least one of these players
arrived at Training Camp really late

but I thought they were both new recruits, merlin.