Free Tickets For 12 And Under

Free tickets for kids 12 and under for the rest of the regular season. Get those kids out to the Elks games people, it's your future fanbase!

2 Likes

This...this is a GREAT way to bring fans to your stands and try to attract a younger crowd. I would absolutely LOVE to bring my daughters or son to a football game but tickets are bloody expensive for a kid that might only pay attention to 10% of the game (my daughters are 6 and 4 but know how to yell "Blue Bombers Suck" every time they see that W). And I can only image the amount of money they will be making in concessions (though those should be lowered as well) because damn kids can eat a LOT. I don't know if 4 kids per every adult ticket purchased is an appropriate number as that seems like a LOT of kids per parent but hey if they can afford it do it!

3 Likes

amazing and classy move!

well done Elks.

3 Likes

Good move. Kids have bottomless pits (& hollow legs) for stomachs so concession sales should go up to compensate.

2 Likes

Bob Young gets it.

This is inside the stadium, concourse level, where parents can watch the game and their kids at the same time. Face painting is there. Often mascots. Tons of fun.

5 Likes

No doubt players having little ones also likely was a factor in them doing this when they originally installed it also .

Fantastic

Now if the rest of the teams will get on board with this ..,,,

1 Like

It's a strategy that built McDonalds....so why wouldn't it work for football?

4 Likes

McDonalds--ewww. Nothing from there has passed these lips in about 30 years. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But I get what you're saying. Get the kids saying 'Let's go to the football game!" because they had a blast there the first time can only be a 'happy' thing for the league, now & for the future.

3 Likes

I remember going to games at Clarke Stadium when me and one of my sisters would fit in a "seat". Never had a problem getting in either that I remember.

....and shovelling walks all winter to earn the money to fill out my 1972 CFL Sticker book.

2 Likes

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-m/1280/14/ac/af/b5/kids-play-zone-on-middle.jpg

Was that supposed to be for the kids?
I knew something didn’t feel right when I went up that climbing wall

2 Likes

The Strategy That Built McDonalds (ahem).

Real Estate is their biggest business I know that part. Look at where they own property......

But getting kids to drag mom and dad there has been other part....

1 Like

Yes. And that's where an incredibly effective ad campaign involving cartoonish McDonald's characters and delicious reconstituted faux food offerings targetted at impressionable minds comes into play. :partying_face:

McHomicide

1 Like

MMM onions and pickles reconstituted in a sink.... (except the 1/4 pounder....)

1 Like