Free agents

any thoughts on if you think Breaux will be back

He will probably get some serious NFL looks.

I would really hate to lose him he was our best Cover corner

He’ll be heading south for sure. And good for him, he’s deserves the payday.

I was right with you until the Sammy G talk. Banks Fantuz Tasker Grant Sinkfield. Sounds so much better

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
#Ticats DE Justin a Hickman says #HamOnt is the only home he knows and "wants to come back here." #CFL

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Zach Collaros, who's not an FA, says he'd love to have all of the #Ticats free agents back, incl. Tasker, Banks, Grant. #CFL

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 50m50 minutes ago
#Ticats GM/coach Kent Austin re: Speedy B "we absolutely want him back." #CFL

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 52m52 minutes ago
#Ticats WR/KR Brandon Banks, slated to become a free agent, says "whatever best opportunity presents itself, I'm gonna take." #CFL

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 48m48 minutes ago
#Ticats DC Orlondo Steinauer says he's "under contract here and happy here" and is not worried about being a head coach right now. #CFL

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 52m52 minutes ago
#Ticats WR/KR Brandon Banks, slated to become a free agent, says "whatever best opportunity presents itself, I'm gonna take." #CFL

:| :cry:

Hopefully Banks added something else, like … “I love these guys and I want to be back in Hamilton so we can finish the job next year” … but it just wouldn’t fit into the 140 character limit.

I don't know about anybody else but if Speedy "B" isn't back I'm hoping and praying that he is gone to the NFL because it would absolutely make me sick to my stomach seeing him in a different coloured uniform than black "n" gold and still in the league.

Me too I agree

hahah yah im sure there is a second tweet that Rick missed. I hope

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 44m44 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
#Ticats WR Sam Giguere, also an FA, says he's going to take some time to digest his situation, adding he didn't perform to his expectations.

meh!

Actually putting our free agents aside and making up a wishlist of who might be available on other teams and where I feel we need to improve in regards to our roster and who we might possibly lose in the process,I've made up a short list,not name specific(as I'm that up on other teams FA at the moment) but by position that Austin might hopefully look at signing for the 2015 season.

Canadian:RECEIVER: especially if we lose Giguere,we need another quality one,woefully shallow in depth and experience behind Fantuz with only Coates and Aprile on the depth chart.

Canadian: O-LINE: O'Neill is a FA and should not be resigned,will be 36 next season and needs to be replaced ASAP also if available, another center to push Filer or possibly replace him as well,so a couple of FA would do nicely here.I'm hoping that Dyakowski is good to go next year and that the ratio can go back to a 2imp/3cdn setup that would free up a valuable import position elsewhere on the roster. Lots of Cdn depth here but not a lot of experience with Rice,Reinders and Rockhill on roster

Import:RECEIVER:A reliable type who can stretch the field with some consistency and possibly open up things over the top which was sorely lacking this season.This position could be hit hard as we have Tasker,Grant,Ellingson and Banks all pending as FA

Import:D-BACK: A possible replacement for Breaux and perhaps someone to push Stewart inside and also add depth.Was really impressed with Gainey this year as a DI rotational and would love to see him get a shot at starting full time next year.Davis used sparingly this season after starting most of 2013 not sure if he still fits into Austin's game plan anymore.

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 48m48 minutes ago
#BCLions have parted ways with former #Ticats QB @qterback5 & LB @J_Johnson_28. Both will be #CFL free agents.

Jamal Johnson and Kevin Glenn are F/A's

Brandon said if he is in the CFL the only place he wants to play is in Hamilton

There has, over three seasons now, been greatly differing opinions expressed in this forum on whether, or not, Samuel was playing up to expectations. I appreciate his settling of our differences and wish good things for his future, here, there, or in-between (HAM, MTL or OTT).

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 42m42 minutes ago
One popular #GreyCup rumour: #Ticats @Gelliman82 heading to #Redblacks as a FA. He wants to play, they need WR & he's tight w/ @HenryBurris.

How about additions on the FA open market we could really use a deep threat receiver like SJ Green would definitely improve our airforce ! Who else Boyz ?!$

Too expensive for a guy that has probably already hit his prime, with the only way to go is the way of AB da Turd, Nic Lewis, etc. I would rather develop Sinkfield into that role…