Jason Clermont (probable retirement)
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
***Nick Graham - Signed Jan 4
Leron Mitchell
Brent Hawkins
Wes Cates
---Barrin Simpson (possible retirement)-has retired Dec 7
Gene Makowsky (retiring presumably...again, not actually a FA but may as well include)

updated with Nick Graham re-signing, and Simpson officially flagged as retired

Updated:
Jerrell Freeman (likely NFL tryout)
Andy Fantuz (likely NFL tryout)
***Keith Shologan - Signed Nov 18
Ryan Dinwiddie
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell
***Brent Hawkins - Signed Jan 12
Wes Cates
Gene Makowsky (retiring presumably...again, not actually a FA but may as well include)

Released:
John Eubanks - Jan 12
Terrence Nunn - Jan 12
Remond Willis - Jan 12...a lil surprised there

Nice to see Hawkins coming back. I'd like to see what he could do with a full, healthy season. Hopefully this will be the one.

Re: Hawkins :: It's a pretty strenuous position with bad shoulders, no???

Updated:
---Jerrell Freeman (likely NFL tryout)...signed with Colts Jan 16th.
Ryan Dinwiddie
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell
Wes Cates

Released:
John Eubanks - Jan 12
Terrence Nunn - Jan 12

oh...and it sounds like Andy will be in Jacksonville

—Jerrell Freeman (likely NFL tryout)…signed with Colts Jan 16th.
—Ryan Dinwiddie - Released Jan 19
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell
Wes Cates
—Barrin Simpson (possible retirement)-has retired Dec 7
Gene Makowsky (retiring presumably…again, not actually a FA but may as well include)

Released:
John Eubanks - Jan 12
Terrence Nunn - Jan 12
Remond Willis - Jan 12…a lil surprised there

oh…and it sounds like Andy will be in Jacksonville

JC tweeted that they offered him a 3 year deal, no word on wheather he has accepted or not

That was for his cell phone plan.

If you look at one of his next tweets:

My football contract will be up on the 15 of Feb. Pretty strong odds that its the last one of those for me.

It’s pretty obvious he will not be playing football next year.

I think it’s the only reason why Fantuz is considering leaving. I think he loves the team, but he knows that as long as Taman runs thing they won’t win. With Barker or O’Bie or Tillman, you have a chance to win. Going home to southern Ontario is a lot more attractive now that Taman runs the Riders.

---Jerrell Freeman (likely NFL tryout)...signed with Colts Jan 16th.
---Ryan Dinwiddie - Released Jan 19
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
---Marc Parenteau - presently waived Feb 10th
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell
---Wes Cates - presently waived Feb 10th

Released under contract:
John Eubanks - Jan 12
Terrence Nunn - Jan 12
James Robinson - Feb 10

So really the biggest questions are Andy and Tristan. Yes, there are still a few other big free agents, but those are the 2 standouts.

So here are the remaining FAs with a few days to go
Andy Fantuz
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Jason Clermont
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell

Here is an unrelated yet interesting article on Jackson

[url=http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/2-11-12/cfler-loves-standardbreds.html]http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/2 ... breds.html[/url]

Thanks for the list depop :thup: :thup: and Tristen Jackson's twitter account is in an uproar with Rider fans wanting him to be resigned but that's all I know on his situation, I hope we keep him he has a swag and a hard hitting attitude that our Defense needs (see Cgy @ Sask and his hit on armstrong) and he can Kick and Punt return BONUS. Cary Koch is a must resign especially if Fantuz goes, if we lose both of those guys were in trouble.

Koch would be nice to get back, but I would not say a must. Bagg will be back, so Koch will have limited action. Hill will likely play in Andy's spot, and Wheelwright will get most of the remainder of play time. Love Koch...he has amazing hands and is a top notch receiver, but I would not say he is a must.

True and please all people posting in the Rider forum DO NOT create new posts for every new move we've made, use this topic!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=387833

Interesting read...the tail end had some stuff I had not really put much thought into...

Brendan Labatte - they speculate he wants to play at home...interesting. If that were to happen I would have to think they will ask Gene to retire.

They also mention Dominic Picard, which would be a nice pickup. I have to think he has his eyes set on Montreal, but still.

Even if they pick up one of these guys the OL could be pretty amazing with the potential names at hand already.

It shall be an interesting couple of days...by the weekend the FA pool should be settled enough that Cobourne and Reynolds should know their futures as well.

Just saw on TSN that Koch signed with the Eskimos. Hopefully that'll be the only one of our recievers they get.

With Stamps, and Koch among Bowmen (Spelling error) I doubt theyd go after Fantuz in my mind anyways.

Also looks like we've signed a local who's been on the Alouettes for the last few seasons, can't see him starting but a good "fill in guy" none the less also heard we pitched a pretty big contract at Labette, saw via twitter.

well, guess the Dominic Picard rumors were true!

Thus far signed:
Dominic Picard (Rumor is for 200K!!!)
Paul Woldu (a respectable DB From Regina)

Sounds like Brendon LaBatte will be signed by tomorrow, though Kavis is meeting with him tonight yet. I would say that this likely means the Riders are out of the Andy sweepstakes. It also sounds like Byron Parker is trying to decide between BC and Saskatchewan…early rumors were he was near a deal with the Riders, but it sounds like he is just about to ink with BC now.
I am rather shocked Jackson has not been scooped yet

—Jerrell Freeman (likely NFL tryout)…signed with Colts Jan 16th.
—Ryan Dinwiddie - Released Jan 19
Stu Foord
—Cary Koch - Signed with Edm as a FA Feb 15
—Marc Parenteau - presently waived Feb 10th
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell
—Wes Cates - presently waived Feb 10th
—Barrin Simpson (possible retirement)-has retired Dec 7
Gene Makowsky (retiring presumably…again, not actually a FA but may as well include)

Released under contract:
John Eubanks - Jan 12
Terrence Nunn - Jan 12
Remond Willis - Jan 12…a lil surprised there
James Robinson - Feb 10

So really the biggest questions are Andy and Tristan. Yes, there are still a few other big free agents, but those are the 2 standouts.

So here are the remaining FAs with a few days to go
Andy Fantuz
Stu Foord
Jason Clermont
Tristan Jackson
Leron Mitchell

If that’s true, that’s a bad signing, I was hearing more in the range of 140k, which is a lot more reasonable. I heard we are close with LaBatte, and that is close to 200k. I think we are still in the Andy market, but I do think he will go to Hamilton regardless. We freed up A LOT of money this off season, and yes we need to sign replacements, but a lot of those guys will be mainly low dollar signings, or already on our roster.

I also must add that Murphy and Hunt inked in Hamilton, so their money will be a little snugger, and Esks sighed Carr and Koch, so there's is to. Meanwhile Andy is on a safari in Africa...so nothing will likely happen there this week. We could really end up missing out on optimum dollars by not being around today and tomorrow, though the one thing not really discussed...maybe he is signing nowhere...perhaps he is simply giving the NFL another crack and taking his chances...knowing if he does not make it he will get on somewhere in the CFL mid-season.

Yes…my bad…it should be that the offer to LaBatte is “reportedly” 200k