Jason Clermont
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Nick Graham
Leron Mitchell
Brent Hawkins
Wes Cates
Barrin Simpson (possible retirement)
Gene Makowksy (retiring presumably...don't think he is actually a FA)

I believe I heard there are 17 FAs this season, so the list is incomplete.

Keith Shologan - (pretty openly states he wishes to stay put)
Andy Fantuz - really sounds like he will be either exploring the NFL or dabbling with FA market. The Riders have made a few solid offers but it does not sound like there has been a pile of interest.
Jerrell Freeman - I think is on the fence of what to do. I would expect either an NFL shot, or back with the Riders.
Andy Fantuz - I would love to see him back, I know he can still do it, but think he will retire. It is a shame, because he has never been used to his potential as a Rider. Hopefully if he does retire they bring him back as the new receivers coach!
Cary Koch - I think will be a fairly easy re-sign
Barrin Simpson - He sure seems like he could play a couple more years. if so, will it be with the Riders, or will he chase a ring elsewhere?

O-linemen ready to step up include: Dan Clark, Patrick Neufeld, Nick Hutchins, Alex Krausnick-Groh. Not only do these guys have potential to play next year, but the OL is high on the payscale. I would think that starting a few new guys would save 100-150K a year...the Riders are paying a lot for what they are getting out of the line. It is just too bad they could not dump Marc Parenteau for a youngster or a draft, because I don't see his hefty priced contract getting renewed.

In the secondary I think Tyron Brackenridge and Eddie Russ have big potential, but Tristan Jackson is a big FA this year! Jamaal Fudge might also have some potential.

You comment on Andy Fantuz twice. Maybe you meant to write "Jason Clarmont" for the 2nd one?

oops...yes, the second one should be JC...thanks legal

I don't know how the players feel about Taman one way or the other, so this is just a question in my mind...
but I wonder if Taman being named GM and VP will affect our FA signings, and maybe send one or two of those guys elsewhere thinking they have a better chance of playing on a winner?

Of course, that would be pure speculation. But I just can't help wondering.

I have actually talked to a few players, and they said Tanam is pretty decent to deal with. I will try to probe some more this weekend as I think I will be seeing a couple players at a friends...we generally try not to talk shop too much when I do see them though...

I think the bigger issue for many of the FA's will be who is going to be the HC and the coaching staff he brings with him.

agree there...people want to know who they will be playing for. Tanam said he will take however long it takes to hire the right HC, which is great, but I also hope he gets someone in please this year yet, so there are a couple months to negotiate with the HC in place.

One point is with O'day as the assistant GM...great guy and all, but I question his contacts down south. guess we will see.

Also, they said on the radio that the FA list contains 14 players, so my original post should be complete. I have Gene on there as #15, but like I said, I don't think he is actually a FA...more likely retiring.

Yes, every free agent will wait and want to see who our HC is and then will want to see the coaching staff. We will likely be getting new QB coach, offense coordinator, running back and O-line coach.

I realistically see Ritchie, Dickenson and Alex Smith in the mix. Mike Walker would also be one coach to retain but he needs some talent at DE to coach. Alex is pretty astute with the college draft. He's been very involved with this process for years and they have done pretty good with draft choices.

Dyce, not sure and do not think he is coordinator material yet. Burrato and MacDermott are done. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dyce go as well. New HC and OC will reload offensice coaches (lineman, QB's, RB and receiver).

Our FA priorities are simple:

1. Fantuz, Freeman, Sholy and Jackson. Everyone else on that list can shop around for what its worth.

We all know Andy will keep his agent testing NFL opportunites. Same for Freeman.

They should try hard to lock down Sholy. The Bombers will lose Doug Brown and really could benefit picking up a NI experienced guy, otherwise they have toshuffle the ratio. Eskies might try to bring this guy back and he's from Edmonton area. Hate to say it but a experienced and good NI interior lineman is pretty valuable.

But they will all wait and see who our coach is so don't expect any announcements soon! It's painful trying to find new information. The off-season, well its the offseason. I better gobuy some Dario's today at COOP.

Jerrell Freeman- gets an Nfl chance
Andy Fantuz -too expensive to re-sign, would like him back
Keith Shologan -re-sign
Ryan Dinwiddie-move on
Stu Foord- re-sign
Cary Koch- re-sign
Jason Clermont-retire
Marc Parenteau-let go for younger
Tristan Jackson-hope he comes back
Nick Graham -ditto
Leron Mitchell-hope he re-signs
Brent Hawkins- bye bye
Wes Cates- might get an invite to camp
Barrin Simpson (possible retirement) with Chris Graham available- probably will get cut loose
Gene Makowksy (retiring presumably...don't think he is actually a FA) Let the Right Honourable take his rightful place in the legislature

I'd be very surprised if Tristen Jackson doesn't re-sign. I believe that he believes that Sask gave him a real chance and that he will continue to have a real chance. We won over his heart - that's what the Riders want from their players.

Legalbeagle I agreewith you.

Tristan was given a chance to return kicks as well as play CB. He showed he can do both. He also laid saw nasty hits on receivers and has showed he likes to play a physical game.

I tend to agree to but evil lurks. The nasty Al's are very public in trying to find and solve their return game problem. They let Larry Taylor get away and now they want to replace Maypray. You never know..............But I think Tristan is a guy that deserves a good boost in pay based on playing 2 positions.

Sholy resigned. That is bloody awesome. We need another stud tackle because I believe Dario will be toast. Getting a little up there in age and took too many dumb penalities that hurt the team.

re-signed....god...I thought you meant resigned as in walked away...scared the f out of me for a second...lol, and yes, Tristan deserves a good contract...he was a bright light on the team this season. i would like to see him full time DB and bring in a new returner...love his returning, but it is higher risk for injury and he is great in the secondary.

Definitely glad to have Sholy back! Awesome news!

Dariderfan...I was scanning down your list, and it looks like you and I more or less agree, with just a few exceptions...

I see Hawkins returning, the team was pretty high on him pre-injury,
and I can see Taman hanging on to Dimwittie (for inexplicable reasons),
but Nick Graham? It looks like you hope he returns... The guy got lit up all season! IMO, I think letting him go and replacing him with Gainer would be an upgrade.

Agree fully though that I'd like to see Tristan Jackson back, and Fantuz if he makes himself available.

Updated:
Jerrell Freeman (likely NFL tryout)
Andy Fantuz (likely NFL tryout)
***Keith Shologan - Signed Nov 18
Ryan Dinwiddie
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Jason Clermont (probable retirement)
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Nick Graham
Leron Mitchell
Brent Hawkins
Wes Cates
Barrin Simpson (possible retirement)
Gene Makowksy (retiring presumably...again, not actually a FA but may as well include)

Only really the one update this week.

And yes, I tend to think Dinwiddie will for some reason be back. I also tend to think the club will be without Simpson, Freeman, Parenteau, Mitchell, Funtuz going into training camp...one way or another.

not much for updates other than it sounds like Gene is actually going to be back another season.

Updated:
Ryan Dinwiddie
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Nick Graham
Leron Mitchell
Brent Hawkins
Wes Cates
***Barrin Simpson - Retired Dec 6...note Lloyd was immediately signed.
Gene Makowksy (retiring presumably...again, not actually a FA but may as well include)

Updated:
Ryan Dinwiddie
Stu Foord
Cary Koch
Marc Parenteau
Tristan Jackson
Nick Graham
Leron Mitchell
Brent Hawkins
Wes Cates
***Barrin Simpson - Retired Dec 6...note Lloyd was immediately signed.
Graeme Bell
Eddie Johnson

Added Bell and Johnson to the list as per http://cfl.ca/page/2012-free-agent-tracker
The also do not have Dinwiddie on the list, but I am pretty sure I heard he is a FA...perhaps not

How were we able to sign mo Lloyd if free agency hasn't opened up yet?

I could be wrong; Mo Lloyd was released March 14th by Edmonton (outright?) prior to the start of the 2011 season; so thus I believe since there is (no contract) and no team owns his rights, Mo can sign with any team willing to give him a chance.

Yes, there is a given date that if a player was not under contract and has cleared all waivers that the FA process is not applicable. FA process is only valid for players that were under active contracts after that date. I can't recall for sure, but that date is I think 24 hours after the last regular season game or 24 hours after the GC. in Lloyd's case both cases are true, so he is not bound to the FA process...he is/was essentially an unclaimed FA from 2010. I am pretty sure that the dates this is applicable are midnight (12:01 the next day actually) of GC +24 hours through I believe May 14th at 12:01. This is of course only valid for veterans, not rookies or people that are on negotiation lists.