Free Agency starts now! Who's going where?

does anyone know how long we sign kanneh for? can't find anything on it from reporters or 3down nation. also would really like to see us add dB jovon johnson. really good vet who could could be picked up for cheaper considering he tested the market and had no interest, he still wants to play I'd give him a shot. his numbers don't lie and would add great veteran leadership in the coverage unit.

I would assume it is a 1 year contract for Kanneh.

As far as losing Matt Coates and us hopefully re-signing Fantuz, we could draft McMaster receiver Danny Vandervoort and let him learn from Fantuz until Andy retires as a TiCat in a few years.

Twitter is reporting Chad Owens is off to the Riders on a 2 year deal ........Jones has been a busy boy in Riderville. On another note Chris Williams is now a B.C Lion for the next two years pending a physical .

Drew Tate goes from the Stamps to the RedBlacks. He expects to be #2. Will this guy ever be a starter or does he need the #1 to go down before he gets an extended time to show what he can do... I would be getting a little impatient if I was him.

Bakari Grant from the Stamps to the Riders. I don't expect much of an impact there. IMO Bakari is fortunate if he still is a starter.

Tate himself has said he enjoys the backup role, he is ripe for a coaching job when decides to retire. Seems like he has accepted his role as a great insurance policy.

[url=http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/cfl/calgary-stampeders/calgary-stampeders-backup-qb-drew-tate-not-lobbying-for-more-game-time]http://calgaryherald.com/sports/footbal ... -game-time[/url]

I would have thought Tate had a chance to compete for the starting position. He was only supplanted in Calgary by the guy with the greatest winning percentage over his first 4-5 years in CFL history. :wink:

Ottawa is the only team in the East where the backup can step in and replace the starter if he gets injured and we probably won't notice the difference.

Thats because both Harris and Tate equally stink! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="smogmonster"]Drew Tate goes from the Stamps to the RedBlacks. He expects to be #2. Will this guy ever be a starter or does he need the #1 to go down before he gets an extended time to show what he can do... I would be getting a little impatient if I was him.

It seems salary cap be damned in Ottawa this year. I guess thats what you do when hosting the Grey Cup! Hosting/hoisting the Grey Cup? What exactly is that?

"It seems salary cap be damned in Ottawa this year. I guess thats what you do when hosting the Grey Cup! Hosting/hoisting the Grey Cup? What exactly is that?"

Sure....isn't that what the riders did in 2013....

8) One of the other main reasons that Tate was traded, was because he is owed a large bonus on March 1, according to
   the terms of his contract.

So the Stamps have now avoided paying him that bonus.  I imagine that Ottawa will now have to pay him the bonus
    since they have now  inherited his contract !!

From what I’ve heard, and read, Calgary approached Ottawa to see if they had any interest, allowing Ottawa to try and work out a new contract with Tate, which they did by giving him a longer deal, without paying the $40,000. bonus, which Calgary would have had to pay on March 1. Once Ottawa had an agreement with Tate, the trade was completed.

Here's a Calgary reporter's thoughts on Tate and why the Stamps dealt him to Ottawa:

[url=http://3downnation.com/2017/02/22/stamps-really-traded-drew-tate/]http://3downnation.com/2017/02/22/stamp ... drew-tate/[/url]

Khalil Paden to the Argo's. Ottawa is cleaning house. Good thing they still have Ellingson. Interested to see who they are going to use to fill out their receiving corps.

Marc-Olivier Broulliette to the Greenies - this team has signed some decent talent. Wonder if they really are giving Vince Young serious consideration?

Hardly cleaning house, Paden was not a starter and a fumble machine and no great loss. Ottawa loses Chris Williams and Ernest Jackson but picked up Deonte Spencer and Kenny Shaw from the Argos. Criner replaced Williams after week 12 and made some spectacular catches.

Williams, Jackson >> Spencer, Shaw, Criner

Cleshawn Page re-signs. A fairly good corner. The D is starting to shape up except for a DT and SAM linebacker. Cleon Lange is still available!