Fred Stamps

Is Stamps back yet?

No. Reports are that he's about 50-50 for being ready for the labour day rematch. I bet it will end up being even longer though. A seperated shoulder isn't something you want to come back from too early, especially considering this season is already lost anyways.

Why do you say the season is lost, the Eskimos could easily be 5-2 right now if breaks had gone their way and they are stil tied for the final playoff spot. Yes the crapped the bed in Calgary but quit sounding like a Stampeder fan!

[/quote]
quit sounding like a Stampeder fan!
[/quote]
I just can't put my finger on why the vast majority of CFL fans are happy the Esks are doing so poorly.

Oh c'mon please are you serious? :?

Take the gloating fans in Calgary plus Saskatchewan plus Winnipeg alone and you might have a majority right there before counting the other fans in the league!

The quote from VOR didn't work proper, I assume that's why you missed my point.

quit sounding like a Stampeder fan!
[/quote]
I just can't put my finger on why the vast majority of CFL fans are happy the Esks are doing so poorly.
[/quote]
i'd be more happy if the Stamps did poorly.I don't like "smilin Hank" and I absolutely loathe Brandon Browner and the Stamps secondary as they seem to get away with murder every time.And I REALLY hate how they keep going on and on about how they're so happy we took DeAngelis off they're hands and blah blah blah... Possibly the most annoying fan base on earth.

[url=http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/edmonton-eskimos/Edmonton+star+pass+catchers+rest+Calgary/3474820/story.html]http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/f ... story.html[/url]

Fred Stamps out for three more games at least.

With that number of injuries and the potential of recurrence, it is time to check the crop of NFL castoffs coming starting tomorrow I say including also those via the ripple effect of stars, feature players, and reliables traded such as explained in detail in the following post on the math of the NFL rosters:

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=59779]viewtopic.php?f=15&t=59779[/url]

And I wonder if there are any Canadian receivers on the fringe in the NFL too for that matter?

We could've been 7-0!!! Fact is, we ain't. We're sitting at 2-6. Even if we make the playoffs, we'll be bounced in the first round.

That sucks about Stamps, but I agree with esks, there's no need for him to rush his return.

I don't like "smilin Hank" and I absolutely loathe Brandon Browner and the Stamps secondary as they seem to get away with murder every time.And I REALLY hate how they keep going on and on about how they're so happy we took DeAngelis off they're hands and blah blah blah... Possibly the most annoying fan base on earth.
[/quote]
What's wrong with henry? You have a problem with nice guys who give it their all every game? You'd trade Glenn for Burris in a heartbeat. Brandon browner does seem to get away with murder; but it's not because he paid off the reffs but because he's very good at understanding exactly where to draw the line (and he does actually get penalized fairly often, by the way)

And yes, I am happy that sandro had a crappy start with the ti-cats. That what a traitor should get. I loved him as a stamp, but he turned his back on the team looking for personal glory and I hope he gets all that he deserves.
He is a very good kicker and hamilton fans will know that in time if they don't kill him first.

Don't get me started on that stupid oski wee wee crap or dave stala's opera gloves, or the idiot AB3
Personally, I think BC fans are the worst...

What's wrong with henry? You have a problem with nice guys who give it their all every game? You'd trade Glenn for Burris in a heartbeat. Brandon browner does seem to get away with murder; but it's not because he paid off the reffs but because he's very good at understanding exactly where to draw the line (and he does actually get penalized fairly often, by the way)

And yes, I am happy that sandro had a crappy start with the ti-cats. That what a traitor should get. I loved him as a stamp, but he turned his back on the team looking for personal glory and I hope he gets all that he deserves.
He is a very good kicker and hamilton fans will know that in time if they don't kill him first.

Don't get me started on that stupid oski wee wee crap or dave stala's opera gloves, or the idiot AB3
Personally, I think BC fans are the worst...
[/quote]
Actually, i'd rather have Glenn then Burris.He may not have the raw scrambling ability or the height but he's a fighter and plays well against the odd's.He's a perfect fit for Hamilton.AB3 I can understand the hate for, I loathed the guy when he was an Argo.But why Stala?He's the coolest guy ever.When they were signing autographs at Jack Astor's, he came over unprovoked and sat and talked with my buddies and I while we ate.Hometown boy through and through :slight_smile:
I don't like BC fans either.The usual screw that goes to IWS is so ridiculously cocky lol.They were up like 3 points on us once and were chanting and going insane like they were throttling us 31-0.Soon as we took the lead back we let em hear it though :slight_smile:
Let me re-phrase this.I don't like Burris or Calgary's secondary, but the fans are alright.

I have nothing against Stala personally. He seems like a good guy. It's just his long black sparkly opera gloves that he wears. I guess they're grippy or something, but they look ridiculous. Pretty weak reason for not liking a player, but I know I'm not the only one...

And I have to say, Hamilton fans are pretty good, to support a team the way they do despite a lot of tough years recently. Good on you.

I've tried gloves like that before and they're very grippy.I still didn't like them though and ended up going with a pair of Nike gloves.Whatever you're comfortable with I guess.My favorite are the team specific Reebok gloves.The person I have issues with about gloves is Cobb.Why?He doesn't wear any :lol:
They may not be comfortable to some people but it's always good to have that little extra handle on the football ya know?

Hmm. Sort of torn about this. On the one hand it's nice to have him back, but on the other I don't like how he mentions there still being some soreness. That may be normal, but honestly, with this team's season being over, I'd rather we not rush him. If he could do with another week off, give it to him. Montreal's defence plays an aggressive style.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=333901

In the article also is that Greg Peach is ready/due to come off the 9 game injured list and should help.

Stamps was sorely missed. Just having him around makes things easier for our other 'clutch' receivers (Nowacki &Talbot) and should give KC the freedom to go back to his role without needing to look to him (or Barnes) as go to guys.

Knowing that Peach is coming back should light the fire with some of the guys on the line. If it doesn't, if someone doesn't step up his game, then you can rest assured that that is who will be riding the pine when Peach draws back in.

Ditto for Restelli and the LBs.