Fred Perry Traded

ooooo ur willing to give up armour?..cant you keep both?

they play the same position, O'Billovich wants to free up some import space on the roster since Mariuz is a NI. He wants more NI's on the d-line. Mariuz does have talent though, and has potential.

yah..i thought they played diffrent linebacker positions. but yah i hope we get armour

and O'Billovich is the $hit, you guys are very lucky

So, I just saw this trade, and at first glance, I like it!

We're already set at QB, so keeping Jyles around is pointless. And considering how ugly our defence was last season, Perry should give us a little respectability.

Now what I'm concerned about. You have big salaries with Ray and Maas. Now we're adding Perry, who I'm sure comes with a decent price tag. Plus all of the guys who are also making big money, like Tucker, probably.

Are we even going to try to be under the cap, or are we just shooting for an immediate Grey Cup? :lol:

I am sure you guys will re- negotiate with Maas, his Tic-ats salary is higher than Kerry Joseph and Jarious Jackson, which it is not worth. He is worth the 90-115, 000 dollar range

Well this trade sure caught me off guard. Never
expected Perry to get traded, i know of a lot of
people who view him as Sasks mvp.

I assume they must have someone in mind, and if the
articles correct on CFL homepage it isnt Canada, as
supposedly he wants > Perry cash.

What this does do imo is put pressure on KJ as initially it looks like Tillman might be serious
in replacing him if he doesnt fall inline with salary structure.

In reality I think Tillman wants the optics, but
realistically its bye bye Crandell.

I like that it seems Tillmans going to get serious on the SMS, i dont like the fact Edmonchuk just got
a helluva ball player.

idk if you guys will be able to afford Canada unless you are willing to part with Eddie Davis and Reggie Hunt as well

eskylo buddy i dont feel the love for the eskies signing, cmon pal feel the love for the green and gold

Tom Canada is reportedly asking for more money than Fred Perry is making, so I see that signing as unlikely. Tom is younger. Not sure he is better. So more money, but not as good…hmmmm…
Realistically, you still need to pay Fred’s replacement, so we likely freed up at most, 40000 in cap space. Likely less than that.
Now if that gives us the wiggle room to re-sign Matt, Reggie and Eddie, and renegotiate KJ, then great.
But I don’t see it giving us enough wiggle room to go after any of the big name free agents.

Anyway, cap space is great.
I remain skeptical as to what we got in players.
Fred will be 33 this year, so if the belief was he was on the bubble talent wise, so be it.
But I am still thinking to myself, “Jyles? The QB? Jyles…really?”
Having just a little trouble getting past that…
Hey.
Prove me wrong kid!!

One could start to think that Eric the Red is preparing for life without Kerry Joseph.
I wonder what he would want from the Argos besides Bishop for Joseph. hmmm

hey does anyone know how many years are left on perry's contract?

Pretty sure Maas already took a big pay cut.

Well apparently, we need a defensive end.
TO have any decent ones? CoughJ. Browncough…

He may have been entering his option. No more than one + option left.

damn…thanks arius

Hey. In the CFL, guys rarely sign for more than 2+ an option anyway.
you get two decent years out of Fred, he’ll be 35, I’d be thrilled if I were you…

Well if this is truly a salary cap move, then I think they better get some significant Free Agent signing on defense soon. Or it could be a rough year for the riders.

Did you guys have any young defensive ends on
injury reserve?

oh yah for sure im pumped, i jsut dont like the only 2 years on his contract but hey, ill definitely take it

I believe I am likely correct on that…but I don’t know it absolutely.
I am thinking for the cap “loophole” he may have signed a two year plus option.
I’m curious now, so I may look for a source.
Like I said though, two years–and he might be finished anyway.
35 is quite old for a DE.
I assume that was as much a factor in this trade as the salary was.
Riders get younger, faster, stronger.
Eskimos get older, slower, fatter.
Cap wise that is.