Foul Language

Hey Miller91...2 wrongs don't make a right! You know better than that!

Anyway...some things never change...And that is why I have 4 seasons in 30b as well.

You can't teach some people common sense or decency can you? But hey...was the beer cold this week?

But...then again...the cops did get their man bringing in the 2 500ml bottles of water at the pre-season game didn't they???

Oh and for the record...somebody closely resembling myself suggested that the police walk around and speak to the rowdy offenders in a thread 2 weeks ago...but no...they improved the beer distribution!

Thats just his name their is no section 31 at ivor wynne! :slight_smile:

True, but I used to go to Wong Brothers Drycleaning.

Their motto is: “Two Wongs make it White”

Alas, I digress. Please continue…

Hahaha, I know. I was trying to lighten up the thread, what with all the talk of godlessness and such. But thanks :slight_smile:

edit: Oh man…i can’t beleive I just used a smiley!!

Ed Philion aka "Pile on" used some "colourful" language Sat night. I, myself, try not to use profanity while at the stadium out of respect for those that that are around me.

Also, I sit in a section where you hear more profanity from the players than you do from the fans.

Master Miller,

Yes, most people swear at some point, yet that doesn't make it proper conduct for being out in public. Your argument is very weak. Having consideration for other people around you is the basis of civility. Most people are not taking time out of their schedules and paying money to hear drunken displays of profanity. If hearing it in public places is so important to you maybe you're at the wrong venue.

p.s. You don't need to bring your metaphysical beliefs into it either. Not all well mannered, considerate people are religious and vice versa.

I don't swear for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. We've got to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words anybody understands.

now i try not to swear at IWS when there are children around, and i dont generally swear at the players, you can make them feel much worse by not... however there is really nothing wrong with swearing in general.

someone on here is going to have to prove to me why using the most appropriate language or the most readily available, is wrong.

like i said, if you want to shield your kids from more colourful language while at the games, there are family sections in the stadium (they dont serve beer either so i hear) i dont think i'm being callous here, just realistic.

This city, (and its team) prides itself on being a rough and tumble city. STEELTOWN! etc etc etc. but someone swears.... uh oh....

You are a complete tool

I'm an Argo fan coming to Ivor Wynne for the 1st time Aug 12th. Can anyone tell me if seats in Box B, row 4 are any good?

they’re all good

When Bob Young treats the fans like they are a joke dont be suprised that there are a few angry fan eh!Everythings a joke to Bob Young and Greg Marshall

I've had kids in grade 1 call me a f***ing a**hole.
TELL IT LIKE IT IS. STOP BEING SO BLIND!
Hey Miller91: It appears that the grade one kids are intellectually smarter than you. They tell it like it is, don't they?

Hey Barney, have you tried the “3D-stadium” underneath the tickets tab at the top of the page? It gives you an approximation of what the view from your seats will look like. Try it out, it’s kinda neat.

Gothic? Holy crap, man alive you must be some kind of moron, if there is no god, why live?

Miller91, we don't need a lesson in the state of society today.

The Ticats can't do anything about recess at school
but they can have rules against foul language at IWS.

Most fans who are parents want them enforced
so their children aren't subjected to swearing.

End of story.

P.S.

Miller91, today you have the perspective
of a young male in your mid teens.

Some day you may be a father raising children.
From that perspective your opinion may differ.

It may be hard for you to believe now but wait and see.

Society once again proves intolerant!
While I agree with the swearing compliant I would have to point out that there is a "family" section for those of us with kids. Please stop the preaching of "our kids souldn't hear this ......". Folks it happens every day and every where and as parents we can try to minimize it but not at a sporting event.
Were the guys a little too vocal, by the sounds of it yes, but you failed to mention if you got stadium security involved. If you didn't, sorry but it's your fault, that's what they are paid to do...assist. If these guys didn't have respect for your kids ears, they certainly aren't going to respect your wishes by "shushing" them.
Additionally, you bought tickets outside the family zone and put your kids ears at risk, plain & simple.
Sorry folk but just got to call a spade a spade.

:cowboy:

I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like your kid is going to go 'wow look at that cool fat guy, with 2 hotdogs in his mouth at once, with mustard stains all over his wife beater. I want to be just like him.'

The pendulum is swinging folks.

The "Swearing Is No Big Deal" faction is gaining on

the "Swearing Is Socially Acceptable Behavior"

I am scared to ask whether

the "No Big Deal" people are parents.

I can't fathom the thinking of some of the idiots writing in this thread. The idea of justifying obscenities in a public place or anywhere for that matter just doesn't cut it with me and looking through this thread, I'd say it doesn't bode well with most of the respondents.
It's not just a case of taking kids to the family section, (catattack1) it's more a case of consideration for those of us who find obscene language offensive.
It's disgraceful enough that children have to be submitted to behavior like this by so called adults, but just as bad when ANYONE has to listen to it.
Miller91: You'd do well to get a grip on your morals or lack of them. Guys like you frequently end up in jail for being submissive to and advocating this kind of behavior.