Forums screwed up lately?

No, we just don't need half a dozen topics about the forum issues.

well, no big deal. wouldnt have made any difference anyhow

but I do gotta ask though, when did two become half a dozen 8)

Others have been merged as well.

poor bob young

his team still isnt a contender

his home town sucks politically

his MRX company sucks totally

And now you have some idea why the whole stadium in Hamilton has become so screwed up…

guess off season plus defective site = very little activity untill next season.

Maybe thats what they want?

I noticed if you get the “it’s too soon to post again”, just log out of the thread, go back in and the post is there. It’s kinda tough to keep a thread going with another blogger. What’s really weird is that if you start a post your the first person to comment and yet your comment is like the second one in the thread. That’s happened a number of times.

I’m sure it’s just Chief unhappy with his Eskimos finishing last in the west, again! :lol:

I am thinking that Hamilton Town council has taken over MRX as part of a deal with BOB re the stadium issue.

just wondering. I dont think I have had any problem or noticed anything wrong with the forums today, but then I havent been on much

how about everyone else. When was the last time you had a problem or noticed something was not working right, relatively speaking to what was the norm for this site?

Massive lead poisoning from all the steel mills? The black hole of fail (Toronto) is having rippling out effects? People drink water from the Great Lakes?

Still having problems myself. Some topics still show up as "unread" even though I've read them or hit "mark all topics as read". Occasionally I've missed a couple of comments because they get placed earlier in the thread than they were actually posted.

I haven't noticed any posts out of order yet, but a topic did refuse to be marked as read. :lol: Jett said he'd be looking into it.

Edit: Scratch that. Posts are still messed up.

I've still had problems with getting the message that it's too soon to post. Today it happened the first time I tried to post. I saw a post earlier by someone saying to log out and log back in but I still got the same message when I tried that.

I’ll concur the post by BlueBlood here as have PiCat and Riderfan23, as I have noticed the problems for two weeks now. A few days ago I sent a thorough message to Jett after waiting patiently a few weeks to see if these problems would resolve themselves. Also at such times I even had trouble sending out any such message to ask for help well after I read all the FAQs to help myself, so finally I sent the message out a few days ago.

Jett’s always been helpful to us as far as I can tell, and on this one he’s probably inundated. Here’s a summary of the problem as I reported it:

For a few weeks now, I have noticed the following cycle take place:
  1. I am posting, and after submitting the post I get logged out or I am told I cannot post so soon after a previous post.

2. The situation is not remedied for hours until I try a post, in which case I am logged out again and sometimes have had to re-post what I had written but was lost. Wisely I copy my text before I post in case this happens, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is going on with this new behaviour of the site.

In other news, it was revealed this week in another thread that FYB is clairvoyant, psychic, or somewhat proficient in the likes of astral projection. Somehow in a post he answered directly a question I asked two hours later. That’s is not a matter to be reported for technical support or otherwise of course, but watch out for him he might haunt you too. :stuck_out_tongue: Pretty soon maybe his abilities might be showcased all over YouTube standing above all the paranormal phonies of course.

P.S.
When typing such a post or any, if you are having these problems, now you have to engage in the annoying habit of copying your text in case you will get an error. Then of course sometimes you have to wait hours before you can post again. :frowning: This happened even on this post to me.

Another trick is to paste the text into the thread again to attempt to re-post, and if you get the “too soon to post message,” save the post to drafts for loading and posting another time as might be hours later.

So far, I've noticed:

Posts out of order
Unable to post because it was apparently 'too soon' since my last one
Unable to post because my post contained errors (remedied by previewing the same post, then posting it)

Very odd, and very frustrating.

It’s been screwed up on me three times today already. :roll:

Maybe also Jett could let us know what the minimum amount of time is for sake of time between posts so we can perhaps also avoid the problem otherwise when operations return to “normal”?

I can understand that restriction from a technical standpoint, as it marginalises those annoying bots and spammers as show up all over just about any another blog that is not as well-operated as this one.

This sounds like a real job for The Jett! Overtime and holiday pay too? :slight_smile:

It would be kind of nice if someone would update us as to what, if anything, is being done to remedy these annoying defects we've all been noticing. . .

:lol: Got it -- having some fun with the penal code there?

Well guys, that was the greatest Grey Cup of all time. The 2011 cup will go down in history- who would have thought that ANYBODY could have made a play like that. Far better game than last year's.... you remember, that was the same time that the forums were screwed up and it appeared that the posts were running through some sort of time machine.

They STILL haven't fixed this site

had to wait almost an hour wait between posts...... :roll:

C'MON mrx...get your collective heads out of your motherboards and fix this. Either that, or refund the CFL the money you are taking for not doing your jobs.