Forums screwed up lately?

Anybody else notice the following?

You post a reply and it appears earlier in the thread than the post you replied to.

Topics you've read still show up on the forum page as unread, even though no new replies have been posted since you read it or you just clicked on "mark forums read" or "mark topics" read.

Took me 20 min to be able to respond!

yea heck of a time replying or creating new messages.

I've noticed this also. :?

this is still happening.. I posted and I see another post that's like 40 minutes later.. yet, that time hasn't occurred yet.. :expressionless:

There's something weird going on. I've noticed it happening the last few days. Hopefully it'll get sorted out before the Grey Cup.

ya can you imagine Chief?

Game winning Field goal?

and someone types "It's GOOD" and someone else later is saying "I hope he makes it!" haha :stuck_out_tongue:

It's not as if there are suddenly 1000s using this forum. As I write this there are something like four people in here.

I had posted this in the Calgary-Sask game thread but nobody replied then. Guess I wasn't going crazy after all ... okay, maybe I am, but this is not one of elements of proof :slight_smile:

yep.
i just replied to an ArgoT post, and my reply showed up before the post i was replying to...which makes my response look stupid. so i just deleted it.
things are gonna get messy around here come sunday.

I'm expecting things to be crazy even if these issues get fixed. Every year it gets nuts on the night of the Grey Cup.

ok, this cannot continue before Sunday. we need to be able to post without having interruptions with problems that have been going on the past few days.

get your act together!

Jett has been contacted. Hopefully we can get it sorted out.

It has to do with the times on posts. I post something at say 12:11 Atlantic, and it shows up here as 10:11 (Central). Someone else replies to me at 12:15 Atlantic, but it shows as 13:15 because they seem to be in Mountain time. So I reply to that from Atlantic again, and the times get shifted around.

So, it's an issue with how timezones are being handled. Pretty amusing actually.

Yeah, I caught that detail, too. And since it’s 4 hours time difference between us in BC and the Atlantic provinces, and 3 hours to Ont, that leaves a lot of lag time for the posts to appear shifted around.

This wasn’t happening before, so it must have been an oversight in some “update” or another to programming.

Can’t they just have all posts show the server’s time stamp, and therefore be in the proper order?

Wow.

Almost an hour of "you cannot make another post so soon after your last."

They have GOT to get this site sorted before the weekend. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Would've been funny if it said "You cannot make another post before you last"

But yeah, I hope they get it fixed soon.

get off your butts and fix this forumsite already.

or are you all already on christmas holidays.

Or maybe you have been trying to figure it out all along and are just not competent enough to do so

If this site isnt working proper by sunday, you should all be fired.

Totally inexcusable

Things are getting worse. For about an hour I kept getting a message that the post I was trying to make was submitted too soon after my previous post. It seems 20 minutes between posts was too soon.

Damn, I wanted to make sure the MRX guys read my post. Now buried in this thread, its not likely they will.

Is someone trying to protect their feelings??