Forum influence on team decisions

I’ve suspected for a while that this fourm holds a decent amount of influence on the organization.

Ideas discussed here often times become topics in media, or become moves the team eventually makes.

2 Likes

Some of us are dead certain that certain Als journalists read our team forum. I can’t prove it, of course, but we will not infrequently see an issue we have been discussing for weeks mysteriously appear in the media.

2 Likes

I don’t buy it for a minute that the Ticats take anything said on this forum to heart.

5 Likes

Yes, especially if it comes from me :joy:

I don’t believe we hold any sway whatsoever with the TiCats.

7 Likes

Well, when you think of Facebook, Google and really the modern business landscape, these companies are mining for data and information with all their platforms.

This message board is a microcosm of the overall fanbase that provides the thoughts and opinions of customers to the business on a consistent and real time basis, for free.

I’m not saying we have power, but I think we’re listened to.

4 Likes

I appreciate that view point.

If we are indeed listened to it would only be for a fleeting moment imo. We have a hard core group of passionate fans here that contribute continually but the very small number of posters diminishes our gravitas.

6 Likes

haha whut?

3 Likes

That could explain some things if verified :wink:

1 Like

No question the media types of the team watch all the goings on here. I guess enough clamour from the STH could make some kind of waves.

2 Likes

Well I’m pretty sure that you single-handedly drove Masoli out of town. :wink:

7 Likes

Sounds like the Mouse That Roared :laughing:

3 Likes

Most of that credit goes to those that argued with me for 2 years. They were the real heroes.

4 Likes

A hero is a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

4 Likes

There was a bunch of flagging for “off topic” in the original thread, but this is a legit topic of dicussion so to placate those who complained, I opened a new topic for the above posts.

2 Likes

good luck placating those who have nothing better to do than to flag a bunch of posts.

good luck.

8 Likes

We do what we can.
This was a definite theme within the overall discussion, and many of the posts had garnered likes and responses, so a new thread seemed the best option.

1 Like

Agreed. If the season ticket holders start to back out the team will notice. Especially if they give their reasons for leaving.
It’s one thing to leave if you are moving away or no longer have the income to purchase tickets compared to being fed up with the team and the decisions and directions taken by management.

Opinions on here may be read but acting with your wallet always has a bigger impact.

1 Like

Although flagging a post is unfortunate sometimes it is necessary. It is a tool a forum member can use to get a different perspective on a post. A neutral moderator can decide if it needs to be addressed or not.

I don’t believe it is appropriate to say “placate those who complained”. Members used a tool at their disposal. Nothing more than that. It is there for a legitimate reason.

5 Likes

crying wolf is also necessary sometimes.

but we all know about the boy who…