Forum crickets and tumbleweeds

It must be clear even to the most die hard forum supporters that this forum is dying and it seems to be speeding up in its demise

Is there another forum most Rider fans have now moved to ?

There are a few posters left but atleadt to Me it seems that the forums over.thr last few years has transitioned from.fan based to typical social media we see now days - the attack.of others/Teams is the primary focus for too many.

I get it that its difficult to have fans of all teams centralized in one forum but if the focus was in the love of the game.it could have grown.

Maybe it might be more successful in having completely separate team boards that are designed to draw in those fans and have a limited area for everyone to post.

Who knows ... but it's clear these forums are nearly deserted which is sad

Yes there's been a few who have lost posting privileges mostly over non-approved views of Covid or world events.

The team forums are just as bad - - if not worse.

Essentially, any kind of critical analysis of players or coaches gets the pom pom wavers bombarding the moderators demanding censorship.

That leads to a forum of painfully boring homogeneous fluff - - “all players try hard, all coaches do their best“ - - and devoid of any dissenting analysis.

I do miss the past days as well. WE had new insightful comments daily. Our forum site was by far the most popular. Now it seems the TiCats forum is where all of the action is.

This team area is very quiet and the the main forums is once more a crap slinging contest.

It seems that is the desired direction of the forum and I simply can't get into starting threads to see how much crap it can spread. To each their own as to what they define entertainment is.

Is there another active rider / cfl forum operating?

…look at it this way, soon you’ll have horse and elk meat to dine on

1 Like

[quote="nythril, post:5, topic:72454"]
...This team area is very quiet and the the main forums is once more a crap slinging contest.It seems that is the desired direction of the forum and I simply can't get into starting threads to see how much crap it can spread. To each their own as to what they define entertainment is.Is there another active rider / cfl forum operating?
[/quote

Gotta call you on this one Narles. The Main board and the Ticat board go neck and neck in popularity. The Rider board on this site averaged around 1/7 of the traffic of those. But you have alternate sites.
And these forums grew out of the original Ticat one too... so explaining that.

Could well be, I was simply asking Rider Fans why they are so quiet?

Your Rider fans board used ti be pretty active. You say it's been muzzled these days?

And here I thought it was just us. So I guess Rider forums AND Bomber forums are both dying out. Anyone else dying out?

I hear the 'Short people against Tall people' forum was experiencing difficulties until they discovered step ladders. If only WE could be so lucky. :thinking: