Former TiCat, Ray Nettles, Dies

8) Former TiCat Middle Linebacker, (1978) and Hall of Famer, Ray Nettles passed away yesterday.
 Nettles played for BC Lions, Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, and Calgary during his CFL career.

Ray had battled addictions for the better part of his career, but had recently become a spokesman,

to warning young athletes of those same perils, and pitfalls.

He was 60 yrs. old.

RIP  Ray, and condolences to your family.

That's very sad. My condolences to his family as well.

RIP Ray.

He was an excellent player. My condolences to his friends and family.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Written less than 3 months ago, this LONG article tells the story of one of the CFL's wildest and craziest ever -- Ray Nettles -- and the demons that did him in.

[url=http://cfl-football.blogspot.com/2009_07_12_archive.html]http://cfl-football.blogspot.com/2009_0 ... chive.html[/url]

(Scroll down the page past the Week 3 picks)

WOW!! I'm shocked by this news. I remember him as a tough player--what a MLB should be.

Rest in peace Ray Nettles.

An Argo-Cat fan

Sad...
I remember as a kid watching Nettles pick off a pass against Ottawa in 1978 for us.It was a spectacularily athletic play.

RIP Ray Nettles...

My condolences. I remember growing up watching him. He was one tough nosed linebacker. I also remember he had a small feather stuck in his helmet at the top of the face mask.

8) I just saw the picture in todays Spec, that is suppose to be Ray Nettles !!!
 That is not Ray Nettles in that picture.

What a complete disgrace this Hamilton spectator is.

There is no excuse at all for making a mistake like that.

Shamefull, to say the least !!

Today's Spectator confirms their gaff, with the proper picture of Ray Nettles! How many photos have they erred on this year alone?? It simply is not acceptable and shows the poor quality of their sports editing!

8) How right you are, mercury.
 Todays Spec not only acknowledges their lastest gaff, regarding the Ray Nettles photo mistake,

but they also list several other mistakes they have made, this week alone !!!

Sorry, but their is no excuse for those kind of mistakes, by a so called professional newspaper !!    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

As you say also mercury, it just shows the poor quality of the Spec's editing people.

Well guys the Spec isn't really the Spec anymore and hasn't been for some time. It's actually that commie rag, the Toronto Star, in disguise.

Ray Nettles was one you don't forget. RIP Ray.

I admired Ray for cleaning up his life-act and for imparting his addiction experiences and good
advice to others.
Condolences to his loved ones.

lol Never heard the Star or its subsidiary the Spec called a commie rag, more like a Liberal rag (includes the Globe and Mail too).
Ray Nettles was a tough sob on the field. The mention of his name alone embodies great CFL players.