Former TiCat Casey Printers joins IFL

You Ticat fans really have to recognize sarcasm, you are too serious

You (non?) Ticat fans really have to indicate sarcasm with something other than a very happy emoticon. Communication is a two way street after all.

You (non?) Ticat fans really have to indicate sarcasm with something other than a very happy emoticon. Communication [b]is [/b]a two way street after all.
[/quote] That was an obvious one. Do I have to explain that I am being sarcastic or that it's a joke?? Do you actually think that the any team in the CFL would think about signing TO?? NO it's part of the "let's bring him to Hamilton joke"

I also made a comment on the Second Post on this topic - "I thought that Casey Printers had joined the LFL “Lingerie Football League” do I have to explain that I was being sarcastic??? don’t people get the humour?
Did you really think that Casey Printers was joining the Lengerie League or should I have started the thread by saying “this is a joke but I heard that Casey Printers has joined the LFL” it would kind of ruin the sarcarsm.

I guess you could say I was being “flippant” ?

No, just creating horrible images for the rest of us...Mike...LOL....see now you know I'm kidding....

Flippancy I get, as in a male joining a female football league. However a male football player being signed by a male football team doesn’t sound quite as flippant, to me at least. But then perhaps you are gender neutral? :wink:

[url]http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/article/1140258--jose-canseco-terrell-owens-allen-iverson-300-million-and-broke[/url]

Apparently Terrell Owens needs the cash. He doesn't have anything left form the $80 million he earned playing in the NFL. Poor guy. And he has to pay child support to 4 different women.

This is why I like the CFL. No one playing in this league will ever blow through $80 million. Or $8 million, for that matter.

You can bet your rear that if players in the CFL even made 8 million that some of them would blow it

It will be curious to see how long this league (IFL) survives, long or short term.

The UFL is insolvent and have lost upwards of 150 million (approx 3 mil per game) which leaves the CFL and the NFL as the only outdoor football leagues in North America.
Quite a few indoor/arena leagues have cropped up in recent years although support is generally lackluster to abysmal and express tremendous market saturation for that genre.

here is a list of Pro indoor/arena football leagues that have recently sprouted or re-incarnated:

Arena Football League, 1987-2008, 2010
American Professional Football League, 2003-
Continental Indoor Football League, 2006-
Indoor Football League, 2009-
Lone Star Football League, 2012
Professional Indoor Football League, 2012
Ultimate Indoor Football League, 2011-

How many of these, if any, will survive?
Comparatively, the CFL is prosperous and doing quite well and more than likely to experience continued upward success in the following years.

It’s a tricky line to walk, because some posters do say really dumb things without irony. It makes no difference to me, but if you post sarcastic comments without spelling out the fact you’re being sarcastic, don’t be surprised if some people assume you’re being sincere. And the dumbness can go both ways: even a sarcastic statement that no reasonable person would interpret as sincere is still bound to be taken literally by some posters. Sometimes even if it’s inside [sarcasm] tags.

Here is a humorous definition of the word "sarcasm" from the Urban Dictionary

SARCASM: Your body's natural defense against stupid.

While playing pickup basketball a player turns his ankle on a sharp angle
when his foot comes down on top of the foot of one of the other players

He is lying on the floor holding his ankle and writhing in pain.

His friend says,"Are you okay?"

He says,"Oh, just great. I feel better than ever.

I could just hop all around the world, I feel so great."

His friend says,"Really? That's great."

The guy who turned his ankle isn't trying

to make you look stupid, which you might be,

it was[b] his immune system automatically responded with sarcasm

due to the high levels of stupidity being taken into his brain[/b].

So don't take it personally.