Former Cat HC Joe Restic Passes Away

8) Former TiCat Head Coach, Joe Restic has passed away at the age of 85.
  Restic joined the Cats originally as an Asst. Coach in 1962, before becoming the Off. Coord., and then became the HC
  in 1968, replacing the retired (from coaching),  Ralph Sazio.  Joe spent a total of 9 seasons with the TiCat organization.

Joe was years ahead of everyone with his Flare Control and Selecto-Matic Offence, as he called it at that time !!

A very intelligent and fan friendly coach for sure.  I will never forget that complicated offence of his, that's for sure !!!

Condolences to his family.

I'll never forget Joe Restic either. He was a very thoughtful and innovative coach. He made Joe Zuger into a first-line CFL quarterback as offensive assistant coach under Ralph Sazio and as head coach later.

I'm saddened to see another of the great Tiger-Cat contributors of his generation gone. Sincere condolences to his family.

Joe was a good guy, and I got to meet him several times as he would come out to watch practice from time to time.

While we all know him as a great Tiger-Cat coach I was unaware of how well-respected he was in US Football. His passing was the lead sports story on NBC's national morning news show this morning. They referred to his career in US College football as Harvard's head coach where they gave him credit for bringing sophisticated pro-style coaching to the college level.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord and may perpetual light shine upon him.

It's very classy of the TiCats to use the old logo for announcements such as these.

Joe was one of the great ones and he will be missed as a special human being and a man who contributed much to
football on all levels in Canada and the US.

Condolences to his family, friends and to so many of us to whom he taught the game.