Forbidden Website's Call for Nominations

My apologies to Argo-haters everywhere. I literally walked downstairs to the TV after making that last post, just in time to see Eiben recover a fumble and take Glenn out in the process, followed by the Argo TD drive.

I will stop talking now.

Aw, you just beat me to it. But I will second the nomination for Kevin “No, I Meant To Say MYTeam Would Get No More Than 10 Points” Eiben. That quote may have motivated them, reminding me of what Soward in that EDF game did to get that award in 2005. And with Bruce’s comments getting him that award last year, it is funny how the award winner has recently earned it with words or actions near the end of the season.

And to those who say O’Shame should finally get some kind of award like that, well, it might be the right time for that. He just might have played his last CFL game.

Ya, Eiben has to be considered the frontrunner now.

And yes, this marks the third consecutive year that an Argo has come from out of nowhere and used the Eastern Final to skyrocket into the lead for HOF inductee.

This is exactly why O’Shea has managed to go un-inducted his whole career. A teammate always pulls some stunt so over the top, that all his hard work is forgotten. He’s the Susan Lucci of HOF nominees.

Eiben is the front runner for sure. Place your votes on Wednesday at the Horseshoe.

I think Eiben would be a good choice (and I was first to nominate him), but if there's going to be a vote I'd hate to see it become a landslide. After all, Eiben did play a pretty good game today.

I'd like to forward Michael Bishop's name for consideration again.

The only problem is, he can't lay claim to any single, spectacular act of stupidity, which is what it usually takes to win the award. However, consider the following:

• Quite possibly the most over-rated QB in the CFL this year. Mr. "10-and-1 as a Starter" who really owed his success entirely to the defence and special teams.

• Could barely be convinced to even play in the CFL this year, as his heart seems to pull him into the Arena League every off-season. However he abandoned his AFL team before the end of the season when the Argos finally dangled the right offer.

• Was so confident in his ability to win the starting job that he had it written into his contract that he had to play in every game.

• His team tried desperately to replace him by signing Casey Printers, then tried to cover up that fact by claiming they would have just traded Printers to Hamilton. As if.

• Still believes to this day that, had circumstances been a little different, he could be walking in Tom Brady's shoes. http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Football/ ... 5-sun.html
    This despite the fact that it took him the better part of a decade to finally unseat a grandfather who is closer to 50 than 30. Also outranked on the depth chart at various times by such luminaries as Reggie Slack, Jim Ballard, Stanley Jackson and Marcus Brady.

• One of the great underachievers of recent times in the CFL. Heisman runner-up, strongest arm anyone's ever seen, and all the physical gifts you could ask for. Unfortunately the QB position is not purely physical, and he is decidedly below average in that other part. Hence his fit with the Argo organization.

What do you think ... is the guy at least a worthy candidate?

A strong and well-argued nomination. Bishop will definitely have to go on the ballot after this able synopsis.

I still say Eiben.

He is the embodiment of Argo over-confidence.
Along with Leo Cahill ('71) and the '86 Argos (after Eastern Final Game 1).

And the classic overconfidence of R. Jay Soward. Get your popcorn ready.