For those at Canad Inns ...

The one-hour lineup to get in the stadium - a result of over-zealous security checks - was ridiculous.

Besides, experienced boozers know how to hide bottles in such a way that even the most thorough security pat-downs won't find them.

P.S., a mickey at an outdoor Grey Cup is an age-old tradition that helps make the big game what it is.

Not sure what time you got there or at what gate, but it took me less than 3 minutes to get in about 1 1/2 hrs before the game, unlike Vancouver which took close to an hour. I was hardly padded down at all, but that depended what security guard you got.

a mickey at an outdoor Grey Cup is an age-old tradition that helps make the big game what it is
bunk.

Double bunk. If you wanna drink $6 a pop is nothing when you've already ponied up $200 to get in. I had a blast at IWS in 96 although it was kinda expensive. If you cannot afford it I suggest you don't drink.

If you cannot afford it I suggest you don't drink.
Are you suggesting he STOLE the Mickey ?

Peace.

If the guy wants to drink a Mickey let him drink a Mickey what`s it to anyone else ??

There are those who don't like drunks, especially if you don't know what kind you're going to get at a football game, then there's the ones who are mad that they didn't get to bring in a mickey, and there are those who think that alcohol is evil.

I'm the first kind, cos I've been the sober one between two belligerent drunks.

Well im betting in that cold a Mickey wouldnt affect him very much . I dont like drunks at football either but nobody said the guy would be belligerent !!!

Another fan fell out of the stadium, BTW. He only fell 2 meters, but he landed on his head and was taken away in an ambulance. Last I heard, they were saying "it is not known if alcohol was a factor."

Like I said, you don't know what you're going to get [in drunks].

Most people are great drunks.... but that one rotten apple....

If its a bad drunk its most likely an Argo fan !!!! ..... lol ....

Same here. Arrived at the stadium around 4:00 pm and went in at gate 1 or 2. Quick as lightening including the pat down (by a blonde woman). And considering the lack of scoring in the game....that pat down could be considered the highlight of my night.

Wether or not the security checks were good or not, exactly what did you expect? We went down around 4 and got in after around 25 minutes. That was great as far as I'm concerned. Around 45,000 people just don't scuury into a stadium.