for mikem: Bills in Toronto a FAILURE!

Yes they are “sold” to the various Rogers owned media outlets. So yes the tickets were paid for. But what they don’t want anyone to know is that the general public would have never bought those tickets on their own. So rogers buys them up (no profit there) and gives them away to fill the stadium…this is the definition of a resounding failure!

Yes they are “sold” to the various Rogers owned media outlets. So yes the tickets were paid for. But what they don’t want anyone to know is that the general public would have never bought those tickets on their own. So Rogers buys them up (no profit there) and gives them away to fill the stadium…this is the definition of a resounding failure! Do you get it now mikem???

Interesting Xvys, well said and agree. Goodell isn’t going to step on Ralph Wilson due to respect for who he is and I get that totally.

So where is a owner for the Argo's? Everybody is so worried about the Bills. If it wasn't for a existing owner, the Argo's would have folded. This franchise is still not healthy and until somebody steps up to give a 8 team league 8 owners, not all is well. Hopefully the GC will help with fans coming back to support the Argo's.

Rogers is advertising in the most embarrasing manner, "Your Buffalo Bills"?

How embarrassing particularly after such a great Grey Cup !

Now slagging Senator Braily?

Why does it matter that brailey owns 2 teams, yet no one cares that1 guy owns a third of mls franchises? Or that, the nhl owns phoenix?, the commissioner of baseball owns the brewers?
Every league has ownership problems or less than ideal situations with ownerships.

A guy who regularly posts on Argofans.com says he has insider knowledge that only about 24,000 tickets have been sold.

He's usually been spot on with his source during the season with Argo game tickets sold.

Am I missing something. Since when did the former Skydome total football seating capacity suddenly become 45300?

No idea
If you look at the seating map, they’ve even added seats in both endzones, looks like about 2000+ extra.

Is really they should be drawing somewhere around 56,000.

That's according to the game's new executive director, Greg Albrecht.

This guy is full of it. I heard yesterday from a reliable source that only around 24,000 have been sold and approximatley 10,000 have been given out to corporate sponsers.

So you believe that between 80-90% are sold?
Yea sure, that’s another Rogers lie.
Just like previously they were not papering the house?

Now this I would believe.
Right on track to paper between 25000-30000, anyone who wants a ticket including homeless people will get one.

A healthy league shouldn’t have issues attracting owners in the largest market in Canada. Phoenix, will have a new owner and baseball does not have any owners that own two teams.If Brailey didn’t step up , the Argo,s would have folded. 8 owners for a 8 team league shouldn’t be that difficult. If the Argo’s would have played the Lions, the CFL would have looked like a complete joke and lost a lot of credibility.

Those are all, What ifs?? and never happened. The 100th Grey Cup was the most successful Sporting Event in
Canadian History :thup: :rockin: :lol: :smiley:

One NFL game in Canada a year and its a Disaster. It would be far to say that this is Canada’s Super Bore :cowboy:

Thanks for the info tc23. I know you’ve always been amazingly accurate with your ticket sales counts. Obviously they still have a “robust” supply of tickets, with all the advertising, email promotions still ongoing.

I didn’t hear the media questioning the MLS’ credibility when the two teams in the 2012 MLS Championship were owned by the same company, AEG? Not sure who’s the complete joke here, kasps?

MLS games averaged 155,000 U.S. viewers nationally, on the NBC Sports Channel this season.

On top of it all like someone mentioned with the commercial they are bringing in Korean Rapper PSY to perform at halftime. I know the CFL brought in Bieber for our half time but the dude is actually canadian now there just bringing in the hottest internet/music sensation/one hit wonder rapper with his song "Gangnam Style" (Youtube it you'll find it) Unless there's over 50 000 fans screaming for the bills, this thing can be deemed as a failure.

tc23 wroe: [b]One NFL game in Canada a year[/b] and its a Disaster.
and this is why the T.O./Bills Series is a fiasco of epic proportions. A once-a-year Special Event NFL game that is a difficult sell to the supposed NFL-adoring public.

Even Mexico City and London drew approx. 100,000 non-papered patrons to a few NFL games.

I like watching the NFL and when I've wanted to go to games I've gone to Buffalo to get that real American type NFL experience. That just can't be translated in Toronto IMHO and I think many people understand that.

Toronto Star, Sports section, today Dec 5: John Wawrow notes writes that " Organizers hope ticket price fills the stadium". After having difficulty selling the NFL games, this year tickets have been reduced to average $99.00 from $160.00 in 2008 prices. It's still a marked drop from 1st year when prices ranged from $99 to $275. This year they range from $48 to $225."'