Football Weekend in Canada

Apparently this is a thing happening this weekend.

https://footballcanada.com/news/its-football-weekend-in-canada/?fbclid=IwAR1x1l3aMhnLsa8j2pO3b3_ki2nhx6wYZK5uxH8MlN5E5iROzMJnmnFW7Kw

I'm interested in the film shorts festival:
Film study is an integral part of football, but this is film study with a difference. On Friday, Football Canada will feature a series of short films featuring fascinating football stories from around the nation. Featured subjects include Yol Piok, a former University of Saskatchewan Huskie; Gary Linthorne, a longtime football volunteer from Nova Scotia who passed away in 2020; Reina Iizuka, the first female to play on a university men’s team in Canada, and the Fort McKay Northern Spirits, a team of Indigenous girls from Northern Alberta.

I'll have to dig around to learn how to access these shorts though.

I've also never heard of this (and missed it on TSN earlier today):

Krown Gridiron Nation on TSN: This week’s edition of KGN will feature a roll out of the events to come. KGN is scheduled to air on TSN4 & TSN5 at 12:30 p.m. Eastern on Thursday with a repeat at 5 p.m on TSN2.

3 Likes

Nice find and great idea but it's going to take awhile for it to flourish and get the proper media exposure /sponsorship in this country .

Krown Gridiron Nation on TSN is also available on YouTube.

1 Like

Interesting.

1 Like