Flick...who needs him?

This post is the right idea… .exactly what i thought we would do during last week’s game. If Edmonton stuffs the box to stop Jesse you put it up for Ralph and Bauman… it took 58 minutes for us to do it.

Anybody notice that Joseph, Flick, Smith and Co. are in FIRST PLACE?

Woulda,coulda,shoulda comes to mind! :wink: :roll:

Oh well...carry on!

i got a few questions, are flick and wayne smith non-imports?

why is getzlaf and bauman still on the roster, yet get no playing time of touches?

can jamaica jackson get some more playing time?

Flick (and the Riders) will do nothing in the playoffs, when it really counts.

On a re-building team, you go with youth. We have Curry, Ralph, Bauman, Walker, and more than a few young NFL cut receivers surely on the way. We are heading in the right direction.

TiCatSackAttack, I believe you are wrong (and I've been wrong, before, too!)

I think the Riders are going to come into the Grey Cup as western Champs this year. They have shown that they can beat BC, Edmonton and Calgary isn't that challenging if you can take out the other two...

The Labour Day game between Riders and Bombers (the runaway first place team of the East) will be very interesting!

Riders would be a good "model" for the Cat Management to look long and hard at, and they know all about the salary cap!

its all in the number change, as soon as flicked switched ot # 3 his career took off, even wayne smith is doing better with his number change.

p.s. no more gold pants for the ticats.

8) Wayne Smith is a Canadian and Flick is an Import !!!! Bauman is getting lots of playing time in the last 2 games !!! He is on the roster because he was our # 1 draft choice !!!
(myko75) I'm surprised the same folks that wanted Bauman cut after his drop (which in no way guaranteed points)...dont think Sask should be letting Flick go for dropping that one, in the endzone, causing an interception, which led to 7 points the other way...
I can't say I agree with you on this one. While there were no guarantees that Hamilton would have scored points if Bauman made his catch, I'd say the game was in the bag for us had he done so, but there is no way I would want to see Bauman cut for his mistake. Even good players make mistakes now and then; which brings us to the "Flick" issue.

Personally, cutting D.J. from the Hamilton squad was a mistake in my opinion. Saskatchewan isn’t about to make a mistake by letting this quality player go for one faux pas. He’s just too good!

First point - I think i found my new signature with that one.

As for youth?

Ralph - 27
Gardiner - 27
Curry - 25
Walker - 24
French - 29
McCants - 30

And DJ Flick checks in at 27 years old. Wow that IS considering its only his 5th season and he’s averaging 1000.5 yards per season (Credit CBC with that one)

Nice try.

I’m a Rider fan, and I really think DJ Flick has been a GREAT addition to our offense. I really think the problem in Hamilton is that they’re looking for a receiver who can pull the entire team. It’s no surprise to any of you, who are much more knowledgable about the team than me, that hamilton needs some help in more than one area. I think the staff has let go of some really decent receivers because it looked like they weren’t producing, when it might have been problems in other areas of the team that made them look bad. I dont know, just my two cents since Flick has done really well for SK (minus the terrible offside penalties and that awful miss in the endzone last night)

Sorry…I dont use emoticons…so you might have missed the sarcasm. It was more of a shot at those that said Bauman should have been cut for his drop…

We’re all impressed that you play football. To quote a Great looking Cdn: “That don’t impress me much.” I’m willing to guess that most everyone on this list has played the game at one point in their lives. And, believe it or not, you don’t have to play the game to have a valid opinion.
But before I make another comment, I’ll be sure to run it by you first, that is if you’re not too busy scoring touchdowns or whatever you do in your little pickup game.lol

atleast they will be in the playoffs and have the chance to win.

hey people at least Flick is being used as a great reciever then and bench boy

(Myko75)

Sorry…I dont use emoticons…so you might have missed the sarcasm. It was more of a shot at those that said Bauman should have been cut for his drop…

Sorry, Myko. I reread your post and it appears we’re on the same wave length.

I don't need Flick!

(in4td) I don't need Flick!
Good! You're not getting him. :D :rockin:

When your Boy has been an All-Star and also picked to the “All-Canadian” team then you can make a statement like you have. To be a “good” receiver one has to have a QB that can get the ball to him. If the Ticats are solid at WR/SB then why did they trade for one?? Just wondering!!

Haha…

I think it was for Armstead’s burst in the return game, something Corey Holmes has been lacking for a season and a half now, was the reason for the trade. I really don’t expect huge results from Armstead in the receiving department considering he has Gardner and Bauman ahead of him and has to learn the offense.

No offense to all the D.J. Flick supporters, I realize he was a great fan favourite here in Hamilton, and you can throw his 2007 stats in my face, but he really isn’t anything more than a #2 or #3 receiver. Of course his numbers are inflated this year playing for an established team with a veteran offensive line, and a good system in Kent Austin’s pass happy offense.

If they kept him in Hamilton would his numbers be the same? Of course not. The team got rid of him because they wanted cheaper and fresh talent. Import receivers with D.J.'s size and speed can be found much cheaper than what they were paying him last year.

But the bottom line is the drop he made in the endzone is a perfect example. #1 receivers don’t make mistakes like that. So anyone who says he was some great #1 receiver we let go, has to watch some game film.

And finally, I don’t know how many times people have to hear it, he was going to be cut from the team anyways! You think the other 5 teams in the league that employed Damon Allen at some point are still kicking themselves? No, they moved on.

Go hindsight! :wink:

• paul