Five Things to Know: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Beats me. I can only imagine that our tall foreheads have been watching the kickers we already have and saw a noticable improvement in at least ONE of them.

That’s my guess.

How many kickers can you bring in and honestly give them a shot? You have to get actual game time in front of a crowd as a kicker.
Can’t bring 5 into camp.

2 Likes

I couldn’t give a shit who we could’ve had. We’re more than happy with who we DO HAVE. Get over it Carlos.
The Mafia are successful. More teams should aim for Canadian leadership in the CFL. Bombers are leaders in that.

2 Likes

And we have the Aussie with the hilarious quotes so at least the kickers we do bring in are funny and entertaining.

1 Like

Honest question, because I don’t know…but are the Aussie’s only for punting, and Leggs/Mourt battling for place kicking?

1 Like

As far as I know the Aussie is only for punting. Leggs had that job at the end of last year. It looks like they’ll start the season with Ali Baba doing the placekicking.

2 Likes

I still hold out hope for the young Canadian, that he’ll take over both jobs.

1 Like

Sucks though, I was looking forward to listening to a game on the radio while camping this weekend. Oh well - still got hockey.

2 Likes

Probably around nine or ten, maybe more If you include practice squad.

1 Like

I’d say all your kickers are funny & entertaining. Looking forward to more comedy in your kicking game this year. :sunglasses:

Despite all that comedy we did have the best kickers in the playoffs last year. The regular season is just the warm up act to get the fans going.

Well, teams who have elite kickers like Whyte, Paredes, Lauther & Castillo have brought in 3 -4 even though we know who they will be. Teams who say they have “talked to a lot” of kickers (Walters) & have 2 of the worst from last year should bring in a couple of kickers along with the one punter, don’t you think?

Here’s what John Hodge, Wpg guy from 3 DownNation, had to say on “5 Questions” earlier today. Top of the list -kicking.

Who will handle the kicking duties?

“Tyler Crapigna, Marc Liegghio, and Ali Mourtada shared Winnipeg’s kicking duties for most of the 2021 season before Sergio Castillo was brought in ahead of the team’s Grey Cup run. Castillo has since departed for Edmonton, leaving the Blue Bombers without a proven option.”

I’m glad that the Winnipeg faithful don’t see a problem but “without a proven option” pretty much says it all. Interesting read & totally in sync with my own feelings on the Bombers in 3 of those areas addressed.

He done gone & went, Jon. :blush: The funny guys were watching a pro at work. Those in the know knew the Bombers were in trouble with their kicking back in February. It’s beyond obvious that the Bombers have the worst kicking, as it stands today, in the West. See quote below.

It’s probably safe to assume that (Sergio) Castillo will end up in Edmonton or Winnipeg by the time training camp rolls around, but the team that doesn’t get him is going to be in trouble. The Bombers wouldn’t have won the Grey Cup without Sergio. (Feb 23/22)

Paredes “elite”? Would that be the same Paredes that choked the game away in the Western semi-final? The Bombers don’t need that kind of elite. They’ll be fine. I understand that there is not much to pick at when assessing the deserving pre season favourites. .

1 Like

Had they had Mourtada they never would have got to OT. Of course they deserve to be the pre-season favourites & should be. Couldn’t agree more? Best team? Sorry, too many good players didn’t buy the Kumbaya & left - horrors, how is that possible? Maybe they felt they wanted a 3rd straight title & decided to leave & get it. You don’t have to stay to win 3 in a row you know. Cheers, Jon. Nice to hear from you. :smile:

1 Like

Nice to hear from you too. I don’t know that they lost that many good players by today’s standards for back to back champions in a salary cap league. Their defence still looks pretty scary. I think any other team would be happy with the best defence and best QB in the league. To paraphrase Mark Twain, I think the reports of their death are greatly exaggerated.

1 Like

Oh we all are fully aware of what our kicking game is, same as last year, yet we found a way to win (again).
Just trying to level the playing field is all…it got a little boring lastyear.

2 Likes

It’s no wonder Bomber strategists have decided not to kick field goals this year. “For now on we’ll score touchdowns and ONLY touchdowns,” one Bomber exec explained from The Bunker at FG Field. “We shall crush our enemies with six pointers. The math will overwhelm them.”

2 Likes