Five Things to Know: Saskatchewan Roughriders

So you’re just going to give yourself this one?? “Thought so, end of story” is your idea of being legitimate??? By the way, I fixed the sentence structure for you in your quote. Back on topic, let me get you started on your challenge;

Dan Marino.

Show me his chirping mistake.

There’s nowhere to go but up for that o-line he had last year. Just getting every lineman to show up healthy would make it ‘improved’.

But I agree, if all those things you mentioned happen… Cody should “settle down and ultimately improve.”

1 Like

C.F. is not an easy QB to block for.

It’s like he doesn’t think he is going to get the time he needs so he tucks the ball and runs. His issues with receivers last year were the same deal where he loses faith that they would catch it so he doesn’t throw it. Call a play and stick to the play makes it easier for everyone.

Mason Fine is being given a huge show of support given his limited reps. Maybe he is the future.

There were times when a ball was snapped and a line man would get to CF at nearly the same time the ball did. Occasionally CF could make something out of nothing. As far as not having faith in his receivers or his linemen…it was more about not getting killed! He has to have a bit of time, a split second more will make a big difference. That said, the O-line did play better in the playoffs than they did in regular season… a bit better. There is a glimmer of hope.

Fajardo is more expressive and emotional than the average CFL QB with the media and social media. But, as far as how he carries things with him… I think it is pretty normal. Listening to guys like BLM, Henry Burris, Matt Dunigan it is a pretty normal thing to carry baggage and remember what people say about you. My advice to CF would be stay off social media. But I do not think he will. No doubt he can still win a Grey cup even if he is on social media, I am much more concerned about the O-line than I am about Face book.

Good comments & you’re right about the OL. But Fajardo has called out his receivers, for example, publicly which is something I don’t see from guys like BLM, Reilly, Collaros or Ray for example - guys who have won Cups. They may take them aside & have words between them but after the game I wouldn’t expect them to be saying they need guys who can catch the ball. With the increased pressure this year I will be interested to see how Fajardo handles it emotionally. It’s interesting that apparently the Rider brass is in no hurry to extend his contract which may or may not mean something.

Teams routinely wait to extend contracts when they know the player in question does not wish to bolt. Additionally if the said after has a great year the team most likely will have to pay a premium for that…

I predicted correctly prior to last season that the addition of Maas would be bad for my fave QB. I wish I was wrong! Dont get me wrong Cody still looks very good inspite of Maas. Maas was a terribly hire,was very disappointed to hear they locked him up for 2 more years.

I see Cody progressing even with the negative affect of Maas. Am sure Cody admits to his wife late at night,I wish they did not bring Maas in.

If Maas has such great offensive scheme,why did he not employ it as a player

Cody himself said of Maas Offense,its the most complicated he has ever seen. That should have been listened to. Cody is very smart,but Maas is a drag on him,it was such a easy prediction to make that Maas would take Cody backwards

I am always amazed that certain members have so much trouble understanding that while criticizing football players, coaches, and managers is permissible, commenting on other members -- with negative comments, ad hominem attacks, etc. -- is NOT PERMITTED. Stick to football or silencings will be handed out.