Five Things To Know: BC Lions

As the 2022 season approaches, CFL.ca is getting you up to speed on where each team stands after a hectic off-season that saw players crisscross the country. Five Things To Know will catch you up on where your team left off in 2021, the moves it made and what it might accomplish in 2022. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/04/13/five-things-to-know-bc-lions/

Only thing worth knowing? Their most experienced cfl qb is Isaac Harker.

Sean Whyte deserved a mention here, a proven vet returning to the Lions.

1 Like

Agree with both points above. I do like the improvements on D, but RB & QB are huge unknowns. No changes on OL except Ottawa & BC changed bodies with Steward signing in Ottawa & McGloster in BC. And, oh yes, Ryker Matthews is unsigned. Would like to see the National QB's succeed - we'll see how it plays out.

Sadly, for the third season in a row, BC won't have an adequate OL. How can a young QB develop when he's mauled every play? Or, when plays do succeed, a holding penalty brings the ball back. What about the play calling? It was horrendous last year. You can't run for one yard on first down every time.

O line should be okay. Kent Perkins played well as a first year player. Rourke will also be more elusive which will help. A bigger commitment to the run game might help.

I don't think they did enough on the D line. Secondary is good.

I don't see this D Line striking fear into the hearts of opposing offences at this point.