First time Ivor Wynne Guests from Sarnia

Sat beside a whole family from Sarnia from Box H for Fidays game. Their kids had been watching Ticat games on TV for 3 years(they are around 7, 11, 13 years of age) Finally they asked their dad why they couldn't make the trip down to see a live game. Dad figuring the inevitable decided to take them. He said to me at the start of the game that he "might as well do this once and get it out of the way" Didn't sound too keen.

After the game, dad had so much fun and was so taken by the atmosphere at Ivor Wynne, he said he would take my advise and bring them all back for the Labour Day clash.

Sometimes we forget what kind of experience the atmosphere at Ivor Wynne can bring to first timers.

That's great!! You should get a commission on his tickets. :wink:

I'm glad they enjoyed the game.

The key to this topic? His kids watched the games on TV!!!!!!

I grew up in New Brunswick in the 70's... free of the blackouts that nearly killed our league! I watched all the games I could and remain a staunch TiCat fan to this day! And Jimmy Edwards is to blame!

Putting a game on TV is like a 3-hour ad for your product! I remember Dick Beddoes pleading with the Commissioner on the eve of the 1983 Eastern Final (which was a guaranteed sellout) to "put the damned game on TV!".

They didn't, and we lost another generation of fans to the frickin' Bills!

Glad to see the CFL has started to wise-up!

No stadium beats the atmosphere of a sold out Ivor Wynne stadium when the crowd is pumped. As a kid growing up in Hamilton. I lived and breathed the cats and going to my first game was amazing. Unfortunately we lost but I was hooked and continued to go. Hamilton has some of the most knowlegable football fans. It`s great to see the younger generation getting a feel of how great it is to watch the cats

Ottawa was the same. Even with a losing team they put in 19000 people ,now imagine a winning team there.

I would like to see Ottawa get their team back. Ottawa was an integral part of the c.f.l and if they come back they should go back to their original name the " Roughriders". Only in the cfl could you watch The ROUGHRIDERS VS ROUGHRIDERS!!!!

I think its rough-riders vs roughriders...
correct me if I'm wrong

Ivor Wynne is the best..if we ever build a new stadium..it will need to be replicated..

Have talked to many people in Ottawa. They really miss their football. Their ownership situation was so screwed up people stopped going.

If they get a "Bob" they will be one the league's strongest franchises.

i have ''lived and breathed'' the cats this is my 8th season with season tickets and i am only 14...

my grandpa has had season tickets since he was a kid and he still goes to the game...my dad has had season tickets since he was a kid and he still goes and now i am doing the same...and soon when my little brother is old enough to understand the game he will likely get season tickets(if he likes it) and hopefully the trend continues

i have ''lived and breathed'' the cats this is my 8th season with season tickets and i am only 14...

my grandpa has had season tickets since he was a kid and he still goes to the game...my dad has had season tickets since he was a kid and he still goes and now i am doing the same...and soon when my little brother is old enough to understand the game he will likely get season tickets(if he likes it) and hopefully the trend continues

Good for you Jordan02.

That`s great to hear. Hamilton needs fans like you to carry on the tradition. Keep it up!! Once a ticat fan, always a ticat fan!!!

thanx

and yep, Once a ticat fan, always a ticat fan!!!

but my best friend is an Argo Fan :twisted:

hopefully he’ll snap out of it…if he were smart

lived a block from the stadium since i was born and i don't think i've missed more than 10 home games (im 16 now) always have been a ti cat fan always will be a ti cat fan, im glad we are good hosts to firt timers.

I remember I used to hang at the stadium when I was 14 and talk to all the players after practice. the players were great role models. Sometimes they would actually give us ticat caps and talk football with us. Great memories!!