Firing Offence. Orlondo's neck is on the block

Tim White isn’t going anywhere.

Aside from that blunder he has played very well for us.

Top receiver. Great speed and can play out of the backfield. Coaches said all year long he will only improve with experience.

I’m sure he feels terrible about the play but I’m cutting him some slack. He should have had clear direction from the coaching staff.

I look forward to his play here next season.

8 Likes

Whatever happens with Simoni, he will truly be one of the all time greats and eventually have his number retired here.

Feel so bad for him, Banks, Bob Young that they didn’t win the Grey Cup.

That single point concession will go down as one of the all time blunders in GC history.

You play to win… not be conservative in a championship game

1 Like

Dime a dozen player . Get rid of him , he’s easily replaceable . I’m hoping that I never see his sorry ass in a Ti-Cat uniform ever again .

2 Likes

The perfect open field was in front of him to get a long than average runback. Conceding the single point automatically eliminated the best possible outcome, break it for a huge long runback and maybe even for a TD.

1 Like

Good idea. We simply need to fill our entire roster with players who have never made a mistake. It can’t be that hard.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but in my world there are mistakes and then there are MISTAKES !!!
He had nothing but green in front of him for at least 35-40 yards . Watching the replay it looked like the dummy thought he was back in the States and decided to concede for a touchback .

2 Likes

If it truly were a mistake on White’s part, some mistakes are unfortunately too egregious for a fan to accept.

Immediately springs to mind: Taylor Reed '14 Final, Gascon-Nadon '15 EF.

*Edit to include Gainey as well.

What about TE Jackie Smith’s dropped catch for the Cowboys in Super Bowl 13.

One of the all time mistakes in championship football history

3 Likes

This.
Earl would have been back there.

1 Like

I'm not upsetr with Tim White. I'm upset that he wasn't ordered to run the ball out or let it go through the end zone by his Head Coach.

A player with exactly ONE kick/punt return this season (during this very game) should NOT have been given the discretion to make his own decision.

7 Likes

All three mentioned by the way were soon shown the door and told don’t let it hit you in the arse on the way out .

1 Like

Exactly. :+1:

Plus you can bet he will never make that mistake again.

5 Likes

I really hope Coach O stays here. I know we haven’t won the GC but he’s a great coach, with a proven record, as a player and HC

3 Likes

Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. If they find a better candidate, he’s gone.

2 Likes

More so, if he can do all three jobs…

2 Likes

I’m willing to bring the kid back for T.Camp and give him another shot . The so called punter though we had this year , Whitford ? Well we can just give him a one way ticket on the next flight back to the land of kangaroos and hopefully get an actual Pro style kicker in here instead of the amateur hour nonsense that we endured this season from this hack .

3 Likes

Coach o states he’s not job chasing

2 Likes

How do you even describe perfect?
Having the kickoffs get a single point twice like the other guy?

In the Grey Cup, 2 converts and a 13 and 10 yard FG. I borderline can do that too.
Semi final 3 for 3, can’t do better than that but long was 38 and one was 18 yards. So he held serve. Good job.

I would prefer not to have to hold my breath every PAT, he will have a chance to win the job at training camp but like I said. i will be surprised if he wins. Just like this year.

4 Likes

FWIW, Dunk, Madani, Donovan Bennett, and Tim all said that Orlondo or Steinauer should have given White NO CHOICE in the matter.