Firing Offence. Orlondo's neck is on the block

Domagala doesn't have the leg to be a long term kicker.

In the warmups and half time he was having trouble from 27 yards. Multiple times. Knuckle ball missiles. One of them went out the side of the endzone.

He was a capable fill in, but we need to do better.

1 Like

He was given a 2 year contract so is under contract for next year

1 Like

Oh they definitely were 3/4 of an inch better. When it mattered the most the Bombers played way better

1 Like

Means absolutely nothing.

And he can be cut tomorrow.

In the year you host a GC, it's not a year to take on kicking and punting "projects".

and Domagala was perfect in the grey cup and East Semi plus being national helps with ratio

2 Likes

Yes, my bad. I meant to say punting. Domagala did fine yesterday. Whitford, awful

1 Like

Agree Whitford was awful little punts for a big guy Is bizarre

Next year he will probably battle with Ferraro again. It was a tough year to audition new kickers with no preseason. Assuming a couple exhibition games next year then we will get a chance to see how they compete in game situations.
Have to figure they bring in some American kickers again to look at. Maybe Hajrullahu gets tired of bouncing around the NFL and re- signs. At this point they need to re- evaluate and get better.

I once had an ex girlfriend who told me that the reason she left me was that her new boyfriend was 3/4 of an inch better .

3 Likes

Is that in width? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

As for our punter even a University of Washington reporter noted his issues.

"Unfortunately for Steinauer, a Husky connection helped enable Winnipeg to make its comeback. Punter Joel Whitford, a rookie from the UW and an Australian native, shanked a couple of punts into the wind, including one late in the game that led to enviable field position for the Blue Bombers."

From a story about Orlondo going to UW.
With Grey Cup Over, Will Orlondo Steinauer Become UW Defensive Coordinator? - Sports Illustrated Washington Huskies News, Analysis and More

1 Like

especially since he had like 25 yards of open field.

Sure, but he is not going anywhere.
Of any CFL FA Simoni is the best bet to resign with their existing team.
Dude is the proud face of this franchise. Never hesitated to promote the team and city and has shown zero indications of wanting out.

3 Likes

I would be shocked if Domagala was the teams kicker next year. He may battle for the job in camp though.
The missed PAT in Toronto the straw that broke the camels back.
Tie score in the Eastern final and the coach chooses to go for 2 is not a good optic for the kicker.

1 Like

Some perspective.

1. Run it out.
  2. Let it go.

4 Likes

Catching it near the goal line 30 yards or more with 4 blockers and no Bombers in site ; he might have actually broken one .

The kick off with the wind had out kicked coverage .

It's done ; just too bad the kick off return team didn't get a chance to try to contribute good or bad when there was that possibility with the wind .

I think he was told to not to try to bring it out if it was further in the end zone . Option being his and may have lost proper perspective of the situation presented him .

I really hope that's the reason and it wasn't because of not knowing the rules of the game in Canada .

1 Like

Agreed.
"Your call to bring it out" is very different than "if it goes deep into the endzone, you can give up 1"

It really did feel like White didn't understand the magnitude of what he did. But I have no evidence of that.

Ive also wondered if he didn't know the rules and Coach took the hit for him. What does he care? He's gone.

2 Likes

He was perfect in East semi and grey cup

2 Likes

Speedy should have been the returner in that situation.
Not a CFL rookie that obviously didn't know the rules and situation.
Speedy would have ran that out to at least the 35, easy peasy
Outstanding screenshot by the way @Crash

4 Likes