Fire Orlando Steinaur Immediately

He's an idiot. You have Hill that nobody can stop and you call a pass to maroon Tim white??? Moron.

4 Likes

Did they fire Pete Carrol when he threw instead of handing off to Marshawn Lynch at the one yard-line in the Super Bowl?

I agree it was not a smart call, but Condell calls the plays...and O had taken us to back-to-back Grey Cups. so he must know something about coaching...

6 Likes

Explain the entire season please?

I'm willing to give O another year, but he needs some duties taken away, too much on his plate. And I think he needs to sit down with some sort of veteran coach/guru. Waaaay to many head scratching play calls this year.

4 Likes

Explain the past three seasons please...

2018 - terrible.
2019 - amazing, but an ultimate failure.
2021 - mostly terrible and another ultimate failure.
2022 - complete failure.

2 Likes

You gotta stop hyping up those eastern conference title wins. Ticats were better than 3 teams. It ain’t saying a whole lot.

5 Likes

If you classify losing in the Grey Cup a failure 89% of teams are failures every year.

5 Likes

Ignore Iceman or anybody who is tolerant of this failure. Tim White cost you ANOTHER season because he sucks. How do you drop that ball on that awful call? You have Hills who could not be stopped that whole drive and Sinkhour panics and throw it into the endzone on 3rd down. What a joke of a coach. He has done nothing to help them win any close came this year. He's a clown and I would say it to his face. I hope they fire him and that other idiot Condell.

5 Likes

Not kicking deep & pining them in instead of going for 3rd & 2 in the middle of the field cost us 3 points...Well Smith is likely gone now...but Evans did a good job ...the real problem was the defense with NO PRESSURE on the QB....how many BLITZES were there? Montreal had all day the whole game....Now that they have the offense on line the defense falls apart

3 Likes

The game against Winnipeg was a fluke...Now I will give Evans complete praise...he was good...the play calling at times was stupid but we are used to that from Condell,,,,Hill was amazing...could have punched the second TD in instead of a wasted throw to a rookie receiver. NO BLITZES from the defense, with no pressure...walked all over Hamilton in the 2nd half...he had all day to throw the ball. Khari needs more input & less from the other coaches.

2 Likes

Never heard of Marshawn & never watch foreign sports but HC O has to jump on his assistants more....NO PRESSURE from the defense, with No BLITZES! Evans did very well along with Hill.

They scored 16 points

Cats best DTackle (Wynn) didn't play . They lost their starting CB early in the game . You are missing 2 starters , along with Ciante Evans and Simoni from the D .
This silly fire the coach song is getting tiresome . The players on the field last night gave it everything they had and we lost by 7 points .

5 Likes

@PatLynch exactly. Who do you hire to replace him? Now or at the end of the year? There is no assistant coach here who has earned the confidence of anybody. There are no experienced and successful CFL coaches from years gone by who are not so old, they couldn't get back up to speed except Trestman and he's likely content to stay away from the CFL.

1 Like

So how many points in the standings do you get for "giving everything they had and still losing" ?

4 Likes

Tim White was expected to be WR2 for the Ticats.
He is on pace for 100 catches (First in the CFL) and 1,200 yards (5th)
TW has been decent returning kicks.

Those that don't appreciate what he brings to the team come with a bit of an agenda IMO.
And that is fine, to each their own.

Now on to my thorn our punter.
Stake through the heart when we were backed up by two penalties and then he shanked one for a 17 yard net after the no yards. montreal then scored a TD on a short drive.

5 Likes

Not the ear whisperer Please !!! How about giving Greg Marshal another chance without a ego QB or some other Canadian U head coach from a winning program ,

Tim White is a beast. If Hamilton cuts him, he will be picked up instantly by another team and become a star on that team. He is absolutely not the problem IMO.

4 Likes

Oh Man, I didn't mean to sound like I want Trestman!
Also, I don't think a successful U Sports head coach is the answer. They know the 3 down game, but the Cats have experimented with Marshall and Ptaszek and I don't believe that American pro players took to them.
And a head coach or assistant from US college ball has just too many offers, too much job security, and too many bucks to fall back on, if the Cats were to look there for a new head coach.
In short, I think we're stuck with Steinauer for awhile more (meaning a few years) expecting that he'll hopefully learn to manage game situations better.
But of course, Condell leaving at the end of this year, would be a positive.

2 Likes