Fire Mark Washington - 2024 Edition

I’m guessing 85yards and I believe Gene Gaines had the return for Ottawa .

1 Like

Fire Mark Washington.

1 Like

Fire Mark Washington.

3 Likes

The sooner this idiot is kicked out the door will be too late.

He’s pathetic.

5 Likes

Fire. Washington. Now.

4 Likes

65 points against

2 Likes

'Fraid this thread will be revived after every game.

3 Likes

He’s gotta be close to a record blowing games under 3 min.

3 Likes

Update: he did not

8 Likes

Any defensive scheme that essentially turns your players into spectators has no business in competitive sports, let alone professional sports.

6 Likes

This is what I posted in the open forum game thread.

“Does Mark Washington want to get fired? The coverage on that last SSK TD was so soft I could have caught that TD in the end zone. I can’t believe any right-minded DC is telling his DBs to play that far off receivers in the end zone, when you’re trying to protect a lead. So either Washington has a perma-concussion and is telling them to give games away, or Hervey hasn’t given him the personnel to succeed.”

In the end, I’m not going to dispute that Washington should be fired, because at a certain point you have to fall on your sword when you’re the coordinator and take responsibility for the unit. But I still have a very hard time believing he is telling the DBs to play 7 yards off the receiver in your own end zone with the game on the line.

4 Likes

The classic definition of insanity…

3 Likes

IMG_6336

1 Like

The other issue: if you fire Washington tomorrow, who replaces him?

1 Like

I suggested Glen Young last week. Probably the only guy on D with experience.

1 Like

There was a broom outside one of the bathrooms tonight that would probably do just as good of a job.

3 Likes

The guy with the duster upstairs in his office. His name is Stein.

3 Likes

Nobody says you need to fire him tomorrow.

Put your efforts on trying to get a good replacement, and then fire Washington.

OK, but it’s still the same issue. Who is the good replacement?

1 Like

Have a hard time seeing Steinauer coming in to work for the guy he is also the boss of. But stranger things have happened.