FIRE KAVIS REED!

Before Willy's injury I thought that he had some good games with the BBs.He did manage, with a great run by Sutton, to score a TD .If Durant screws up, I believe Willy should get back in his game. I was pleased a few NFL guys were coming from NFL.Kavis will have to bring some good new comers to the team ti solidity his tenure.

Ce sont de bons sentiments, mais ça n’arrivera pas. Reed n’a pas les contacts pour bien s’entourer.

......Willy is a stop-gap measure....I'll say it as plain as I can....We were sold a bill of goods with respect to his talent....He is a 'back-up' qb. at best...Will Willy's play be any better than Durant's right now....most likely....A lot of fans in the Peg always blamed our poor o line for Willy's demise....Not the case....plain and simple he's just not very good....I don't see him as the ALS future and making a deal for a Franklin (get Hervey) would do wonders for your club...Unfortunately that can't happen now but Franklin in Edm. is as free as a bird at the end of the season..Get him and start a rebuild

Franklin ne suffira pas. Le mal est beaucoup plus profond.

…I do agree…but it’s a start…I see him as the best available in the offseason so why not start with the best option

Parce que ce n’est pas en donnant des vitamines pour lecerveau qu’on guérit le cancer du côlon. Il faut couper le cancer et recoudre.

Franklin va avoir beaucoup d’offres, à commencer par celle de Chris Jones, qui pourra lui offrir une équipe en progression au lieu d’une équipe en débâcle totale. Le Rouge et Noir pourrait aussi s’intéresser à lui, de même que les Timinous. De la façon dont Jennings a joué dernièrement, je me demande si même Wally ne prendrait pas une chance avec Franklin.

Il vaut mieux faire table rase de cette mauvaise comédie avant toute chose, histoire de regagner un brin de crédibilité.

Kavis Reed has been EXPOSED! This is his roster. The team is even WORSE with him as HC.

But yes, let’s give him another season… ::slight_smile:

ABSOLUTELY NOT as HC

If the Wetts were to admit they screwed up this season by insisting that whoever took over had to tweak and try for the playoffs (e.g., getting DD) rather than doing a proper rebuild AND will turn full authority over to the GM then I would consider supporting a second season as GM … after the Wetts conduct an unfettered GM search (i.e., GM gets 3 years to rebuild) that includes some respected football people (e.g, Vercheval, Larry Smith) in the process. If Reed is the consensus choice than so be it.

At best, Kavis Reed had the experience to be an Assistant GM for the next five years. He did not earn this job. This guy wormed his way in by telling Andrew Wettenhall what he wanted to hear. Here we are.

Way to go Kavis, you sold yourself as something you are not (Football Architect) and you will be tossed out on your head agggain....

I would not be giving Reed another shot as GM.
He’s done enough.
Worse than last year.
And he knew the players he had given he has been with the organization for three seasons.
A colossal failure and if I were Wettenhal, Reed would be called into my office tomorrow morning bright and early, say around 6 am.

Seriously? Calling people maggots? Vermin? I thought this forum was going to be different but I see even patrons here readily toss themselves into the cesspool of name-calling, public scorn and derision. Think about it for a minute - what does your words say about your character? (seeing as we are questioning character, right?)

Is it possible you could express your dissatisfaction in a more evolved manner? Just sayin’.

Out with Reed he cannot do this job and as everyone has said before let the new GM put together his own staff from A to Z with no more meddling from the owners.I have no idea how I am gonna convince myself to go to the Turkey day game without a paper bag over my head.I am suppose to go on the field after the game,and unless they pull of a miracle what will the mood be like after the game.This has got to stop it's embarrasing.Last nite I went into a Tim Hortons and they had Alouettes donuts...I bought one and said this is good,then when the game was over it came up + out I was so discusted.

If you want change, the only way to get it with people like the Wetenhall is to speakwith your wallet...

As I scan the comment sections, I think the Wetenhall arein a dire situation with their investment and they deserve everything that is about to happen to them. At this point, nothing short of divine intervention is going to save this situation for them.

I think they are looking at less than 5000 STH for next season. That means the old man will have to dig real deep to keep the team running and Boivin won't have any money for any initiatives.

They have nobody in football ops, no coaching staff, old,thin roster and no quarterback. Basically, they have an expansion franchise without the expansion draft. That will be tough sleddingfor at least five years.

It is one thing to lose and the Als had reached the point where their success had bought them that kind of support from t the efanbase, they won a lot for a long time so fans were ok with lean years. But when you charge a premium for tickets and the team is not only losing, it is boring, uncompetitive and now downright embarrassing. You have no hope to retain fans.

Throw in the constant lying to the fans and they pull the plug on you The Bear Wood situation proved the owners were meddlers by Kavis own words this week and by the same token he inadvertently admitted he lied to the fans, this was not a football decision and this is why Jacques set the media straight, he wanted no part of this, knowing it was a career killer or maybe he's just a really good honest dude. This is where I believe we now are.

Johnny feels bad for Chappy. It is quite possible he was not cut out to be a head coach. But, we will never truly know. He got Reed’s crappy roster to work with. This was his first and last shot at being a HC, and he was in a tough situation he had no control over.

There is some redemption for him. The team has been doing much worse with Reed as HC.

I do not feel bad for JC. He knew what he was getting into when he accepted the position full time.
He was interim late last season. And was also with the team prior to being tagged interim.

I don't agree. Remember what he says. As a coach you trust that football ops will deliver the talent and the players.
That said it all. Kavis told him he would have the players. It is obvious it did not happen, not only did it not happen but Kavis took important pieces away.

Only area I am angry at Chapdelaine is he didn't give a hoot about developing young QB's.

And again I ask. Why was JC not a HC before now if he was that good? Why did he bounce around as an OC?

Same goes for Reed. If he was that good, why was he not given the chance before now? He crapped the bed in Edmonton, was out of football for what one or two years before accepting an ST coach position two seasons ago.
There were openings for both of them elsewhere before here.

I don’t know if he was HC material. All I know is the team is performing much worse since Kavis took it over, so either it wasn’t the coach or Kavis is a much worse coach, so either way, it was a bad decision. Then there is also Thorpe, that is, even more, glaring based on the play of the defense since he was canned.

I am sure the players are pretty much fed up of the state of affairs right now. Tuned out and looking forward to the end of the season.
Anyway you look at it, it is one big pile of doo doo.

You see it in their play. Logan won't take a hit the rest of the way, goes down or heads to the sidelines. I get it they are saying why would I risk ending my career with nothing to play for. Same thing with Durant and his fake low body injury.
He pulled the same stunt last year in Saskatchewan.

The real warriors I saw last night were Cunningham and Sutton in particular. TJ Graham but he is likely trying to get some tape to get another try in the NFL. Seeing Matte get rag dolled or Ky running half speed was surprising but I don't fault them for being demoralized. They will need to find a great HC. Tommy Condell would be a guy I would take a real close look at if I was the next GM.