FIRE BARRETT NOW!

I agree that they should have took the FG. I thought they were. I was sitting way on the other side of the field, could hardly see and was barely paying attention because I thought they would be sending out the FG team. All of a sudden the play starts, Joseph is in trouble, an he throws up the interception. I was very choked. Although to say that that would have given us the win is a little off because the rest of the game would have been at least a little different and we may not have scored to two TDs. But they should have gone for the FG. Bad move by Barrett. But I think a mid season change would be stupid.... especially with the lack a quality replacement. If we wait till next year I am sure Maciocia will be available...... Baaahhhhh.

Go Riders!!

Two things:

Dominguez catch (if I'm thinking of the correct play, he clearing stepped on the white line with his foot. Refs got it right.

On the play (just before the first touchdown) where he was ruled down, Barrett TRIED to challenge it, but it was not a challengable call because the whistle had gone. THAT needs to be changed to allow that kind of play to be challenged, but it wasn't Danny's fault.

What DOES need to change is their habit on 2nd and 10 to throw a 7 yard pass. On 2nd down, YOU MUST THROW TO THE FIRST DOWN MARKER, do not rely on yards after the catch. The defense will usually let you catch it, then take you down immediately. To them in makes no real difference if it is 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 10. Just avoid the pass interference penalty.

Ok Devils advocate here for one minute. Lets say that with a bad O line and need for time to get a long throw away and get a reciever downfield, that Campbell figured the O coverage had a very good chance of getting the sack and not taking the chance of getting the ball downfield at all. Maybe in fact it was a good playcall and it was the execution that was off …is anyone buying this. Iam wondering if the talk in EDM is to can some coaches, it doesn`t seem to be Hughies Style especially his son

I disagree with this post. Or at least, I disagree that this post emerged this week. Calling for Barrett's head for that 3rd and 10 gamble with two minutes to go makes no sense to me.

I think that was a great decision. He had to try. It was gutsy. I hate it when coaches chose to punt with less than 3 minutes to go when they are down by two TDs.

It is so easy NOW to say that a field goal would have given him the victory. But THEN, Barrett had no way to be sure he'd be successfull on an onside recovery and get two quick touchdowns.

I agreed 100% with Barrett on that one. He had to try and give his team a chance. If you want him fired, focus on other decisions. That one was a good one.

For the record, I knew Barrett had blown it the minute he went for it instead of going for the field goal. I was on par with that Flutie commentator.

As far as the “firing” goes, you can also take into account that the RR have had a lot of hype surrounding their team in recent years, which never even materialized in a Grey Cup appearance. To me, that non-field-goal basic mistake crystalized that sum of non-accomplishments, pointing the finger right at Barrett.

Knowing that a lot of RR fans agree with me makes me feel I can’t be that far off, even though I don’t follow the Riders (being an Als fan).

I don’t know about 2005, since he did take the team to the playoffs, but I agree with you and jm02, and any other Rider fan, he should go after this season.

I never said he should go at the end of the season.....

but you do agree that he should get the boot, yes?

IMO, he should finsh out the season, and then get the boot.

Yes, I agree he should go, but I never said at the end of the season. Don't put words in my mouth.

I don’t agree with you there! How can you allow it to be challenged. The D heard the and stopped! If you allow a challenged it will open the door to late hits because “hey it could be overturned!”

If someone deserves to get the boot! He should get it now and not waist the balance of the season

sorry.

Ro: true, but I want my team to beat the Riders in the Labor Day Classics! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey how about Kent Austin, :lol: I think he knows his way in and out of Regina hahahaha

The Jets are done Just like Your bombers will be on labour day

fire somebody !

Wow! You lost me there. Could you dumb it down please? :stuck_out_tongue:

BigGreenMachine, take this as a joke, for I agree with you. Your post is just so concise and has a certain “drunk” feeling to it… :wink:

Dumb it down :lol: :lol: You can't get lower then that! :lol:

ya what ever :roll:

:lol: :lol: ..he walked into that one
:wink: Barrett should not be fired .
  1. Riders needed a qb. Corey Holmes is missed but you need to trade something good in order to get a quality player. Joseph for Holmes made sense.

2. Riders never give up and keep coming back. That reflects good coaching and that players are responding to their coach.

3. Riders will return!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rider Pride nation Wide!!!!!!!!!