The weekend numbers are out, albeit a day late. Here is my Top 8 list with comments. No surprise how the CFL came in #1 & 3.
- CFL, West Final Esks-Lions CBC @ 1.586M (down 4% from 04)
- NHL, Atlanta-Leafs CBC @ 1.584M (down 5% from 05 ave.)
- CFL, East Final Als-Argos CBC @ 1.106M (down 28% from 04 but, Toronto drew an impressive 241,000. We coild not get RDS #, one would think 300,000-500,000 meaning over 1.5M)4. NHL, Hawks-Flames CBC @ 763,000 (down 25% from 05 ave.)
- CIS Football Playoff Laval-Sask TSN @ 348,000 (up over 300% from 04)
- NFL, Raiders-Skins Global @262,000 (no account for people stupidity)
7.NHL Friday Atlanta-Flyers TSN @ 252,000
- NFL, Chiefs-Titans TSN @ 219,000 (plumitting to Craptors #)
Now, we present from the Joke catagory and where they really belong.
NFL, Sunday Global(serves them right) Buffalo-San Diego @ 92,000
NFL, Sunday Global(see above) Oak-Wash @ 70,000
NBA, Sunday Heat-Craptors TSN @ 108,000 (can we say good bye like the Grizzlies)
So, the next time some poor misguided NFL "fan" tries to tell us how Canadians love the crap league over our CFL, quote these numbers.
As for the Grey Cup, I am going on record to say over 4.5M will watch on CBC and a further 800,000 on RDS. For a combined whopping 5M+.