Final cuts/rosters

How a team can have 13 players in the IR is beyond me. The league needs to start looking at some of this. The Riders carried a QB on the 9 game all of last year…this is just unacceptable.

Perhaps what Richard is getting at; the Riders practice roster has no players listed as of yet? Otherwise depop is correct.

Yesterday, the Riders posted some of the players released. They still have 54 players on the active roster; I know,the league has been informed but the fans/the Media have not been. The only team with no players on practice roster. When will they post the injured players?

Richard

Roughly 36 hours after deadline for listing the active rosters + players on injured lists, the situation is the same with the Argos,Eskimos and Riders. Their active rosters listed on CFL are all in excess of 46 players.

Based on CFL transactions of yesterday, we know that the Argos have transferred 6 players on injured list and added 1 more practice roster player; yet, these facts are not reflected on the active roster. I blame their football operations personnel; I presume the ones responsible to set the rosters took the week end off.

Basically the same with the Eskimos. As per CFL transactions 7 players transferred on injured lists. As with the Argos I blame their football operations personnel.

The Riders? Active roster in excess of 46. No CFL transactions reflecting injured players and practice roster. I guess they all took a long week end,since they don't play before Saturday. The fans will come anyway,why worry/give the actual facts.

Two more observations:

BC active roster is at 47,i.e. 26 Imports and 21 Non-imports.

Winnipeg active roster is at 45, i.e. 25 Imports and 20 Imports. We could transfer the excess player on BC active roster to Winnipeg active roster and everything would be OK.

Have a nice week.

Richard

Do I get to choose? :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

…hint…Andrew Harris,bring that guy back home Fred… :lol:

While the Riders still have 47 players,i.e. 26 Imports and 21 Non-Imports on active roster, the rest is OK.

Only the Argos and Eskimos are not to date. Maybe it's the same person working for these teams,hence the delay. They want to share the costs.

BC was at 47 players on active roster now at 45 players.

Richard

Import DT Tearrius George of the Riders,included in the active roster, will be suspended -League suspension re: 2012 semi-final game- for the first game of the 2013 season. This explains why the active roster is at 47.

Richard

The Eskimos submitted their roster to the league on time but chose not submit it to the media at that time. Ed Hervey chose to inform the players who were cut, in person. Rather that announce it to them by phone or through the media. They should be commended, not criticized.

You make it sound like every other team is classless and announced their cuts via the media… do you really think that is the case?

A few hours ago, Edmonton active roster + injured players were posted/available on CFL site.

Still waiting for the Argos.

Richard

I for one want to see the second cuts go to the league they get posted at the end of the deadline, and any team who didn't make their cuts in time fined. The deadline is there for a reason and this way no team has an unfair amount of time to officially deal with their cuts. Of course, also make it so that you can't negotiate with players until they are officially cut as well.

And still waiting.

Richard, why do the Als have so many players listed as suspended?

One other thing when checking some of the rosters is how few players BC is carrying compared to other teams.They have their 46 man roster and a full PR but only 1 player on the 9 game IR and no one on the 1 game IR. Are they bringing in more players or are they having cap issues already?

Wally is capable of making decisions on players and thus saving his boss a lot of money by not hiding players. Just one of the reasons he gets paid what he does.

And I doubt that the Lions have cap issues, having released Bruce, Parker, and Simon and generally opted for a youth movement across the board.

Didn’t say that at all, the media criticized Edmonton for not releasing the cuts through them, it has nothing to do with any other teams. The Eskimos and the Lions played on Friday night and the Eskimos had 3 hours travel home. All other 6 teams had at least one full day longer to do their cuts. Just saying that the media criticism of the Eskimos was unwarranted.

If anything, they may have a problem with the bottom end of the cap.

The Als presently have 7 players on suspended list.

Two of these players,i.e. Rafael Priest and Ventrell Jenkins were suspended last season. Priest did leave early in 2012 training camp and was suspended by the Als. Jenkins had off-field issues. By suspending these players,who may never play again, the Als retain their rights.

This season, Deon Goggins did leave the training camp and he was suspended. The Als retain his rights.

You all know about Kyle Quinlan. At the last moment, he told the Als that he would not be coming to training camp. Suspended and the Als keep his rights.

Simon Legare and Jake Piotrowski are both returning to school. By suspending them-techicality- the Als keep their rights. Suspensions could be lifted during the season.

Delbert Alvarado kicked well for the Als during last pre-season game. The Als are interested in him. After the game,he decided to leave for Edmonton,to meet his wife/girlfriend. He was suspended. Jim Popp told Pierre Durocher of Journal de Mtl that he will most likely be added to practice roster soon. Being suspended,the Als retain his rights.

I did send an E -Mail to Eric Holmes of the Argos asking why their 6 injured players are still included with active players.

Richard

I doubt that. Wally is too smart to get caught in a cap floor situation. :slight_smile:

I have received an answer from the Argos. They will disclose their final injured list on Thursday. "Some players will be added to the other paid lists".

In the meantime and based on known information or CFL transactions, the numbers of players on injured lists range from 1 to 16. The numbers per team are:

Bc: 1 player on 9 game injured list.

Toronto: 6 players on 1 game injured list. As per CFL transactions of June 23,2013.

Winnipeg: 6 players on injured lists,i.e 5 on 1 game and 1 on 9 game.

Edmonton: 7 players on injured lists,i. e. 4 on 1 game and 3 on 9 game.

Saskatchewan: 8 players on injured lists,i. e. 3 on 1 game and 5 on 9 game.

Montreal: 10 players on injured lists,i.e. 7 on 1 game and 3 on 9 game.

Calgary: 13 players on injured lists,i.e. 7 on 1 game and 6 on 9 game.

Hamilton: 16 players on injured lists,i.e. 10 on 1 game and 6 on 9 game.

I presume that in a not too distant future,some teams will have to reduce the numbers of players on 1 game injured list,if they don't want to have $$$Cap issues.

Richard