Filer signs 3 year extension

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that the football club has signed national offensive lineman Mike Filer to a contract extension through the 2018 CFL season.

“Mike has worked hard to become a quality and dependable football player for us,? said Tiger-Cats Vice-President of Football Operations, General Manager and Head Coach, Kent Austin. “He fits the mold of what we’re looking for on and off the field, and this signing will help solidify our offensive line for years to come.?

Filer, a 6-2, 300-pound native of Brantford, Ontario, has started all 12 games for Hamilton at centre in his fourth season in the CFL in 2015. Over his four-year career, Filer has played in 40 career CFL games, all with the Tiger-Cats, and started in each of Hamilton’s playoff games last season, including the 102nd Grey Cup.

The Mount Allison University alumnus was selected in the fifth round, 31st overall, in the 2012 CFL Draft by the Calgary Stampeders. He was signed by Hamilton on August 12, 2012 after being released by Calgary.[/b]

Good to get a key Canadian OL player locked in for the foreseeable future. Bonus - Filer is also a great community guy :thup:

I also think that Pete will be an impending free agent so hope that he will be resigned for another stint before long.

If Peter is in fact a pending free agent you would have to think that after 9 yrs of playing that next yr might be his last contract he signs. I can’t see him signing or playing anywhere else but Hamilton. Dyakowski is only 31 yrs old and if he can remain healthy and stay injury free I can see him playing another 3 yrs or maybe even more as long as the team still wants him. O-Linemen seem to have on average the longest careers when it comes to football.

I remember Pete being a pending free agent when Austin arrived and hoping that KA would get him re-signed - which he did. I can't see Pete going anywhere else - Hamilton has become home and I also don't see any reason that the team wouldn't want to keep him. Aside from missing last season from the 2013 GC injury, he has managed to stay pretty healthy and goodness knows there isn't a wealth of Canadian OL depth on the team just now.