Field Turf......

Heard a rumour that Hellard announced a while back that McMahon is finally going to get a field upgrade and the mgmt had settled on Field Turf as the new surface.......can anyone substantiate that rumour?....

Go up and take a look I think it is being installed or contact the McMahon office and as for Don Phelps ( Coach of the Calgary Canucks) he is the guy to contact up there on this issue.

i remember the cbc announcers said that during the stamps / eskies playoff game at mcmahon...they said once this game is done, they are putting in new turf. apparently the owner said new turf would prevent some injuries, which costs him money, so he feels hes saving money putting in new turf.

i was just lookin at the stamps site, to see if they put in some pics of it yet, but there isnt any. maybe they are waiting til spring to put in the turf, so it doesnt get snowed on...i dunno?

......the weather has been pretty decent lately, but maybe the turf does need like 5C and rising temps to install properly........haven't made it by the stadium lately to peek in to see if maybe it's already in.......

ahhh you still have the crappiest stadium :stuck_out_tongue:

.......no, that's Ottawa's title to hold.......

So did it become reality? Do you have the field turf in now?

I posed a question on the Edmonton forum....I had heard on a talk show that Commonwealth was getting the same turf.

......I dunno if it is in yet or not Sporty, I don't think it is in yet as tehre have been no announcements about it.....

They started today pulling up the old turf. The new turf should be in by the first game.

........hey cool, thanks '05.......

I hope they keep the coloured end zones at McMahon. I think the red endzones makes McMahon one of the best looking stadiums in Canada!

Hahaha, that’s a joke right? McMahon has to be one the ugliest stadiums in the CFL, watching Calgary games on TV makes me feel sick to my stomach, the turf you had on there last year looked like it had been there since the late 70’s.

http://saracens-fhc.ca/image/obj11geo11pg1p11.jpg

I for one am glad that you’re getting the new field turf. Now if we could only get Edmonton to get rid of that pasture they call a field.

Its nice they are getting new turf, but the thing about new turf that until it gets a lot of use(HS football , etc) its going to be a little rubbery and it will make it hard to players to make cuts until the carpet settles. It will have to be replaced in a few years as well, Taylor Field has replaced turf twice in the last few years.

The field turf being used has not been used in Canada. The others are from a different company. This particular turf is recommended by many NFL teams. Anything is better then what was there!

…haha Jeremy, McMahon Stadium makes Taylor Field look like some of the third world shanties I saw in Tijuana a few weeks ago…

See Jeremy you are doing it again just like last spring you never learn do you. Last year your team had the best QB, the best oloine, The best running backs, Best linebackers, the best waterboy! Now you are saying Taylor field is a better! Really those rocky Mountains in the background are truly ugly and oh that very of the glass towers in the City is just terrible to look at. Where as what you get to see the city dump from Taylor field! You are just ooo funny man. And please do not deny this again you and I got into this last year.

........hey Jer, did TF get more toilets yet?.......I heard that was one of the 'improvements' being contemplated.......

Yes, and there will be Stampeder logos on the bottom of all the toilets and urinals

....... :lol: .......that's not a bad idea..........gotta get your frustrations out somehow when your team isn't doing their job on the field........

Tell me Jeremy, what makes McMahon look so ugly on tv.? Is it the the 30+ thousand fans who show up at every home game? How about the "Olympic Torch". The U of C logo (a University thousands of Saskatchewan kids attend every fall to get a great education.) Or maybe you're seeing something on the field some teams haven't seen since the '80's...success.