Field goal at the end of the half

From the tv angles, the field goal seemed wide right. Why didn't Hamilton challenge that?

Automatically reviewed as a scoring play.

I was at the game and it’s tough to see let alone challenge. If it was wide then it’ll be an embarrassment for not only the officials but the league itself.

2 Likes

You can slow the video Down and see it clear as day

1 Like

What a joke? The command centre must not have access to the same camera angles as every Joe Blow in the stands has on their phone.

1 Like

If it was wide, it's just another blown call by the referees in this league who have blown plenty. But if any one uses it as the reason (even a small reason) why the Tiger Cats lost, those three points were on the scoreboard for two full quarters of football for every one in the stadium to see including the team who couldn't maintain the lead.

2 Likes

Fully agree.

looks wide from the TV angle but no reaction from the Ticat waiting in the endzone tells me it probably snuck through.

1 Like

Was it the first time in his life waiting for a missed field goal?

1 Like

He might have just seen the refs raise their arms and didn't bother to question it.

it was wide a gift to the argos

Need to make those posts higher?

I’m not as certain as everyone else wants to be that this was wide. I don’t believe it’s conclusive and therefore, unfortunately should not have been overturned.

I think it was probably wide, but this screen grab brings doubt into it. What was the camera position? Where is the ball relative to the goal line at this point?

Did he make the kick? I think it was wide. Is there conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Go up to 9 posts before yours, Egbert, where Corey.the.tiger posted the video, which you can start and stop. If you stop it, at the point where, in the replay, the ball lines up with the Hamilton 50 yd. line in the background, you'll see the ball is clearly outside the upright.

2 Likes

Not looking for a fight, but I posted last night that it really doesn't matter if you're blowing a lead that's 3 points more or less when the field goal in question took place with the whole 2nd half left to play. There's a lot of plays in one half of football for your defense to lock the game down and a lot of plays for your offense to extend the lead.
And in saying that, I agree with a few other posters. That ref under the upright does not appear to be looking up at the ball at the key moment when he should be. Often in the CFL, the officials don't seem to be aware of some realities. Like the reality that a kicker can hook the ball from time to time.

1 Like

A point in the first quarter is the same thing as a point in the fourth quarter.
For example - we lost by a point that we DID NOT SCORE in the PAT attempt in the first quarter.
So yes, all points count no matter when scored...

2 Likes

Sure @DisplacedCatsFan all points matter; scored points, missed points, ripped-off points. But my point was, it didn't matter to the Argos that they were down by 9 or 10 at the end of the 1st. They were determined to make a comeback and win yesterday.
Even in the 4th when the Cats scored again, the Argos were determined enough to score as many points as it took to win. And they did. Actually, they did it twice in the 4th.
The kind of determination winners have. The kind of determination the Tiger-Cats don't seem to have.

Agreed. Any discussion of points should also include:

a) decision to go for 1-pt vs 2-pt converts
b) decision to return kicks out of the end zone vs conceding a point
c) the safety touch
d) punting for a single
e) attempting a long field goal vs punting to pin them deep

All points scored (or not) in each of the above situations had an impact on our 1-point loss.

Where does "Argos spending over the cap" fit in? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In the context of yesterday's game, it fits into "not directly relevant."