Fickle Fans

Congratulations to the ticats for a solid win tonight.

Now I suppose that everyone will be jumping on the bandwagon.

Jason Maas is a solid QB and with the proper coaching staff with a good offensive line such as was seen tonight, he will be fine in the future. Not to mention the guy is pushing himself while still injured. If anyone has played any level of football and had to endure that then you can appreciate how difficult a task that can be physically and mentally.

Give the guy a break, he shouldn't have to shoulder all of the blame for what has transpired so far this season.

Please let's not run him out of town like we seem to love doing to our other QB's in the past.
Delete this post

You are right - it was finally a great game and win. :thup:

Who jumps on the bandwagon of a team that is pretty much eliminated from the playoffs?

Sorry I should have clarified by stating the "Maas Bandwagon".

Be happy with the win for a couple days you guys got one and arent completely out of the race. Theres still going to be people questioning Maas of course which is rightfully so, but let him do his thing until they are completely knocked out of the playoffs. He played well lets not over-criticize him for once.

Best of luck next week. go out and party you won! :slight_smile:

People will question Maas, they were doing it all night at the game. he needs a healthy and good Oline and a coach he’ll be great!!

I think it's great that we won last night. Congratulations to the team on a strong all round effort. Let's hope for a few more games like that this season.

Jason played well (awesome in the first half). I think he showed that yes he is still a fine QB in the CFL. Things will get better for him as time goes on. I only wish people (on this site or in the stands) would stop getting their jollies by bashing him constantly.

DJ Flick was spectacular. His long-gainer was a highlight reel catch. I think those who say he has no heart, isn't a team player and is only interested in his own statistics, should be forced to watch replays of it and the rest of his play last night to see how he sacrificed himself for the team.

Our O-line was battered and injured, but even a patchwork group got the job done. That is heart.

Our D played well also. Cotton is terrific, Dunbrack was solid in relief, Cody is hard as nails, several others had very fine games last night and the group has been doing well in recent games despite being on the field too long game after game.

Our special teams were darn good too. Fowlkes was super, looks like a real gem. Pat Fleming has been punting very well in the last few games, I think he is hitting his stride. Boreham was consistent and reliable yet again.

Yes we are out of the playoffs, so no, it was not a good season. But next year is shaping up OK as far as I am concerned. With a core of fine players, a new coaching staff and a renewed sense of purpose, I think we will be competitive, which is what I want and expect to see. I'm seeing progress toward that now and will enjoy watching the Cats the rest of the season.

I continue to be with our team, not down on them.

Well said Steve. That was a great game by all ends of the Ti-Cats roster. Next year does look promising.

Yeup. Steve summed it up perfectly.

Helloooo?

We are not out of the PLAYOFFS.
Technically speaking, if we win ALL remaining games (including last nigh), Winnipeg loses all thier remaining games and Edmonton only wins 2 of thier remaining games, we can stay in the East for the Playoffs.

This is the CFL, baby! Anything can happen.

DJ Flick was spectacular. His long-gainer was a highlight reel catch. I think those who say he has no heart, isn't a team player and is only interested in his own statistics, should be forced to watch replays of it and the rest of his play last night to see how he sacrificed himself for the team.
Cant disagree with that... dont know how anyone can say he doesnt play with heart.

Whoa buddy. If you really think that scenario is going to play out you should go buy yourself a lottery ticket. Also, ask yourself, when was the last time the dead last place team in any league made the playoffs? And I’m not talking about beer-league hockey teams.

Great post Steve. I totally agree. I was saying how much Dunbrack has impressed me. I also want to point out that I was thrilled to see Clinton Wayne playing so well out there. It's great to see guys who are happy to be here go out there and make an impact.

I agreed about Flick so much that I started his own thread :smiley:

Special teams was much improved. Not only was Fowlkes outstanding, there was some really great blocking going on and they didn't really start their drives with very good field position.

I don't think it's a likely situation. I highly doubt it'll happen, but as 72er said, "This is the CFL... [a]nything can happen."

I'm pretty tired, but does anyone know if a crossover is possible right now?

I have come to believe that a lot of the fans on this site suffer from being bi-polar.

So in other words.....we're out of the playoffs!! :o